Chapter 6: Cinderella Is Lost

We arrived to the prom and every head turned. Of course they did that. We had the perfect guy, the hot cheerleader and the number one playboy of the school all together. I had to expect for the worse. Everyone saw me, and the reaction was the one I prepared myself for; many stares and whispers such as "Did she pay them?" or a classic but never old "What a freak.". My beautiful and loving classmates, everyone.

Surprisingly, Damon wasn't all over the single girls (or the one with dates; it happens) and mantained right by my side. We went through the school's gate and heard the music right away, not before of course noticing those under the big influence of alcohol.

Damon called one of his little puppies. He sniffed and then talked. "Where can you hook me up with some of it?" Was he really going to do this at prom? Lord or whatever is there, you can take me now. Please.

"It's next to the vending machines D."

"Thanks Mike, see you." Damon then gave him a pat on the back and left. Great, now I lost my date to alcohol.

Now I was left with the cute MakesMeWannaDie couple, it felt so uncomfortable; well at least to me, since they didn't even notice me there between all the second grade flirting.

"Why did you accept? I've heard you're known for always turning promposals down for one girl." Asked Lady D, as if she didn't know she was replacing me.

"If I'd have known from the very first freshman year you liked me, maybe things would have turned differently. I've always been crazy for you." Ouch. Feelings? That thing that just broke? Oh. The worst part is that I knew it wasn't just some lovey-dovey thing he said to make an impression on her; he always told me he liked someone, but he never admitted who... Well, now I know, don't I?

I just had to get away from there; watching them made me sick, and is not like they would notice anyways. I was already going to pass through the door, but I happened to find my date (with a slightly small mood change).

"Heeeyy Buttercuuup." Said Damon (Definitely quite happy) while putting his arm around my waist. "Why leaving so soon? It's just starting." Then he noticed where my gaze was directed to. "Nonono, are you going to make me jealous Buttercup? Get like that when it's me and a girl, not Matt... Come on, let's buuuurnnn the daaance flooor." He didn't even let me answer any of his remarks, he just dragged me there.

I'm not a dancer so definitely it was a first. I'm more of the type to sit and laugh of people like me dancing. "...I don't know how to dance."

"What? Now you have to study the art of dance to actually do so? That's a first. Maybe you're just scaaaareeeed." Said Damon smirking while doing his moves. I actually enjoyed a lot this new Damon, maybe alcohol does work for something after all.

I laughed at his remarks. "Scared? I'll show you scared." I then started completely making a fool of myself throwing some good 70's moves such as the "Funky Chicken", "The Bus Stop" or even "The Robot".

He chuckled, "Those are some moves." and then did them with me... I was actually having a great time. But then, out of nowhere it went from the "Kill, die, torture" fast vibe to the "ooohhh, I like you" slow vibe because of the music.

"Will you grant me this dance buttercup?" He said holding his hand out.

"I don't see why not." I said taking his hand in mine; then he put his arms around my waist and I put mine around his neck. We were looking straigth to our eyes, but it didn't feel awkward. My heart, with just that, for no reason started beating faster. But I took it as a part of the experience and gently reclined my head against his chest. It was... Different. Tonight again, Damon surprised me with this hidden facet of his.