RANT

People always heard about my husband before me - oh yes, yes I am his wife. No, he's buckled down now. Yes, I fully support the values of Larsen consulting.

I was getting pretty sick of it all, and I didn't feel like my own person anymore. I mean, I'd always hated it when women were called Mrs. Insert husband's name after they got married. It was like they'd lost their identity. I did have a life outside being a devoted wife, and he was most definitely not a devoted husband. The in-laws were a nightmare: before we got married it took the best part of a year to convince Harrison's parents that, no, I don't want to change my name after we got married. Yes, it's perfectly normal.

But now, even though my flat in London is about the size of the kitchen we had in New York, I'm happy. I'm not Mrs Larsen anymore - even if I didn't take on Harrison's name, everyone still called me that. All I really missed was being around Leila.

She was part of the divorce settlement. Harrison's parents made it clear our divorce would never go through unless they got to keep her. She liked him, I guess. And he'd be able to offer her a better life than I could, picking up the pieces. Hugh . . . well . . .

I'd tried to not look back when I left.