"Thanks for the ride home" 1.8

My body started to tremble. How could he find out?! Was Mir right?! Am I that obvious? I mean according to her I was, but I'd like to think I would at least be able to keep it hidden from someone, let alone the very first day I met them.

"No...w-why would yo think that?" I said barely choking out the last part of the sentence. My composure was gone. If he wasn't one hundred percent sure before, he definitely is now.

I'm so screwed.

"Because you're phone got a Grindr notification alert. I would know since I have the app too." He said.

So...I blew my cover...because I forgot to turn the DAMN notifications off on my phone. Great job Ryan, great job.

I tried to adjust a calm, not-caring composure towards Kennedy. "Well, yeah I'm gay. Big deal. Also thanks for reminding me to turn off my phone notifications." I said walking over towards my desk.

It was hard for me to act like I didn't care but at the same time I didn't want to act like a lost puppy. i had to put on the Ryan that everyone knows. Not the one that had a pathetic past.

"So tell me. Do Simon and Mir know." He asked raising an eyebrow.

Do they know? Man they've saved my cover and ass more time than anybody knows.

"Yeah." I said glancing over towards him. "Well this is awkward." I said nodding my head in an awkward manner.

"Why? It's not like it's a big deal. I just wanted to know." he said dismissively.

"I know it's not but I'm being irrational right now!" I said throwing my arms in the air.

"Well I guess I'll just have to make this less awkward." He said shaking his head with a sigh.

"And exactly how do you plan on doing that." I said rubbing my temples.

He stuck his hand out. "Hello there! I'm Kennedy. I'm new in town. Nice to meet you!" He said brightly seeming to erase what just happened from his mind.

Did he really expect that to work? I mean should it? I don't know anymore. I mean I know he know's that I'm gay, so is this really a fresh start?

"Hi, I'm Ryan. Nice to meet you too." I said shaking his hand and putting the brightest smile as possible on my face.

"Well...so that happened..."

"Yup" I said nodding.

PART 1.8?! WTF? Well....in celebration for KH 2.8 I did this little mini chapter....also cause I'm lazy.