I won't give up

• Dedicated to Barbara Ellis

 Added 30/4/2013

Listen to the song while you read .....

♪No, I won't give up

I don't wanna be someone who walks away so easily

I'm here to stay and make the difference that I can make

Our differences they do a lot to teach us how to use

The tools and gifts we got, yeah, we got a lot at stake♪

This was her anthem since it stole her life, since it claimed her soul, the words embraced her pushing her on, “I’ won’t give up,” his voice inspired her, it soothed her weak heart with every shallow breathe she took. She was the shell of the person she used to be; the day she started to die; the day that one word killed her – cancer.

Strength was what she was; strength was what she showed; strength was what she carried in her heart.

“Jane?”

“Jane?”

Her glossy fighting eyes stared at the man that held her slow beating heart with all the love she could muster. “Alex, how are you my love?” her small voiced asked with her watery beautiful smile that never once faltered.

“I’m half the man without you by my side,” he replied pressing his ever loving kiss to her chapped lips. Her frail, thin body lay unmoving as he wrapped her in his warm embrace close to his heart that beat only for her.

She is the love of his life; the best thing that happened to him, he could remember her long hair of dark that flowed on the wind as she smiled at him the day they met with the warm sun that lit her face capturing him the moment he saw her. Her laughter was and still is music to his lost soul and her eyes are fireflies guiding him home.

Her love kept him safe and her beautiful heart lift him up when he felt life was too much to bear.

She held him when he wasn’t tall, she held him down when it all fell apart; she held firm when the world tried to break them, she gripped his hand when life tried to bend them.

She is the ground he stands on, the half to his whole.

“I’m dying Alex,” she whispered breathless, his bright loving eyes stared at her his angel with her beautiful soul.

“No Jane, you’ve only started to live.”

“This is only a step, a leap in our life together,” he added solemnly, “this is me and you – together we can face anything.”

“Together love binds us, it carries us,” he voiced as he traced her thin lips with his rough finger. “We are forever.”

Tears settled in her eyes, unshed and heavy, he refused to leave when she asked him to, she knew that life dealt her a hand that devoured happiness. Her golden heart and selfless love begged him to live; to leave her behind.

“I love you, Alex,” she spoke clearly, “you make me strong, you make me believe,” she paused gulping air, “you make me alive.”

“This will not beat us Jane,” Alex whispered in her ear pressing his lips to her cold skin, “we will be married, we will live, we will go on.”

Her soft sobs broke from her quivering lips, “live,” she uttered with new hope, “I will live, I will live for you, I will live for me and I will live for us.”

Love bloomed in his heart, his angel found her wings, “ I love you Jane,” Alex replied “ I love you beyond this body, I love you ,” he paused pressing his hand to her heart that raced with life, “ I love you here.”

“Thank you Alex, for staying, for loving me.”

Tears dripped from his eyes unto her head wrapped in silk, “No Jane, I won, thank you” he replied with certainty and awe, as she buried her anew glowing face into his chest closing her eyes.

Holding her tight, forever close in his heart, he rocked their body as one while he song lovingly to her…

♪It's like watching the night sky

Or a beautiful sunrise

Well, there's so much they hold

And just like them old stars

I see that you've come so far

To be right where you are

How old is your soul?

Well, I won't give up on us

Even if the skies get rough

I'm giving you all my love

I'm still looking up♪

“Sleep Jane, I’ll always be here when you wake,” he promised kissing her temple as he hummed melodiously knowing tomorrow will be better; knowing tomorrow she will live.

A/N Give  the song a listen at the side ... its what inspired this ...