Chapter 2: Foreplay in the Foyer

"Stiles, here, try on this wig for me." Lydia Martin pulls out a copper colored wig and thrusts it in Stiles' general direction while continuing to rummage through her bags. Stiles holds a plate of nachos in one hand and the wig in other, looking around the room as though making sure he's not the only one living this waking nightmare.

"Uhh... what?" Stiles tries to appear put out, but no one is paying attention to this obvious... well, it's not an offense exactly, but it's also not the norm. Stiles' eyes dart around the room as though asking 'Why is everyone acting like this is normal?!' Kira is helping Lydia empty her bags while Mason and Liam push each other around playing some video game. Scott, being the consummate best friend, is actually looking in Stiles' direction, but Stiles can't even give him a check in the best bro category since Scott is mainly fixed on the nachos.

"Dude, you gonna eat those, or...?" Stiles rolls his eyes and hands Scott the plate while once again considering the wig. Derek snorts softly from across the room.

Normally this would be about the time where Derek would roll his eyes and leave, but he knows that Lydia Martin gets what Lydia Martin wants and right now Lydia Martin wants Stiles in a wig and Derek's not too averse to seeing that happen. Stiles spends the better part of his day being a little shit so Derek enjoys seeing his feathers ruffled.

Derek tries to play off his snort as being related to something in the book he's pretending to read. Stiles cocks an eyebrow, but evidently has chosen to ignore the beta's unusual (albeit well-timed) outburst.

"Stiles! Time is money, put on the wig so I can see how it lays!" Lydia looks at Stiles as though her exasperation at his general sense of himnessshould be obvious. "While it's on we're going to wet it and maybe cut it? C'mon, giddyup!" Lydia takes out a wig cap and walks towards Stiles who is backing away to the couch.

Stiles -completely affronted, now- finally finds his voice, "Lydia, no!" He doesn't throw the wig away, but instead shakes it accusingly at the strawberry blond pillar of disinterest in front of him.

"First of all, I'm a BOY, Lydia. And while I don't have a problem eschewing gender norms, I gotta say that it does something to my neanderthalish sense of maleness that I have to keep reminding you of that!"

Derek snorts again, this time drawing looks from most of the room. Derek looks up, clears his throat and then points to his book. "Arthur Rimbaud. Very troubled, but also quite the rapscallion." He says with a smirk. The rest of the loft roll their eyes and look away, but Stiles' eyes stay trained on Derek who draws his attention back to his book. Derek knows it's a waiting game until Stiles looks away, but it's one he's ready and willing to play.

Derek and Stiles have always had this push and pull between them and Derek knows one of Stiles' greatest pleasures is trying to outwit and outsmart him. Although Derek hates to admit that this has happened on far too many occasions, every now and again an opportunity presents itself to fuck with Stiles and the werewolf would be remiss if he didn't take it. Egging on Lydia to dress Stiles in drag? Is definitely an opportunity.

"Stiles, you're a jackass." Lydia snaps while snatching the wig from Stiles' grip while his attention is pulled. "No one is saying you're a girl, you just have features that are more... amenable to wig shaping!" Lydia fixes the wig cap on Stiles' head while Stiles levels her with a forlorn glare and Scott muffles a snicker into a cheesy nacho. Stiles puts both of his hands on his hips and cocks his waist to the side.

"What does that even mean?" He asks, almost as a challenge. Kira smiles between the two gently as she grabs a nacho from Scott's plate.

"Umm.. not to add insult to injury, but your 'pre-teen girl at the mall taking pictures' stance isn't really helping your case. I really want you to model my new leggings and have you stretch out my heels while you're here." She says looking him assessingly up and down. She blushes slightly when she finally sees Stiles' dropped jaw and incredulous expression. "But in a manly way!" Kira adds, hoping it will sooth Stiles' nerves as she holds up a yellow pair of pumps. She looks at Stiles with such hopeful sincerity that he almost agrees until he hears yet ANOTHER grunt from the reading corner of the loft.