The Red Pool: Part 2

HUNTER'S POV

I don't know how long I sat there admiring her beauty.

I finally snapped out of my daze and decided that I should be heading home. I went to get up and turn around when I heard her say something.

"Bye...." She said in a quiet hush tone.

I looked up and turned my head towards her. She was looking at the water while moving her hands back and forth along the surface of it. I decided it was best to ignore what she said and keep on walking, but then she said something else.

"Are you staying?" she questioned.

She never turned towards me but yet it felt like it was directed towards me.

She couldn't be talking to me. How would she of known I was here. Debating what to do, I decided it was time for an introduction. It can't hurt.

I started to come out of the woods and walk towards the young maiden.

"Hello, my lady. What a beautiful night, tis it not?" I spoke as I gracefully made my way to the pool.

"Yes it is, but may I ask what were you doing this whole time behind the trees?" she questioned once again.

I came to a halt. This left me in a little shock. I couldn't help but speak my mind then.

"How did you know I was there?"

She then began to turn her head to my direction. Her piercing blue eyes went right through me.

She was so kind and warm, yet so lonely at the same time.

"I don't see the need for explanation, but I guess you could say I sensed it."

Once she finished explaining she gave me a bright smile. An awkward silence stood between us then.

Trying to break the silence I began to give my on explanation.

"I'm sorry to intrude, but it seems your singing was brought to my attention and I could bring myself to leave once I saw your beauty."

I tried my best to be polite, since she has a random man staring at her in the water right now.

This was most likely not polite, but I once again began walking towards her. I soon came to a stop a couple feet away from the pool. She moved her head back farther so she could look up at me, still with a smile on her face. I knelt down so I could become level with her. I stared into her eyes while my heart pounded in my chest.

I glimmer of something in the water caught the corner of my eye. That was when I noticed something huge like a fish tail in the water. My eye followed along the tail to see what this creature would like, however I only came back to stare into beautiful blue eyes. I went back to stare at a beautiful green and black tail.

My realization soon kicked in and my eye's grew wide.

I heard a giggle and looked up.

The young women began to speak "I took you long enough." She said with a quiet tone once again.

"W-what are y-you?" I stuttered.

"What do you think I am? You see I don't know quite myself. All I know is that I swim in the sea. I look like you, yet I don't belong with you. And I look like a sea creature, but I'm still a mystery." She then finished.

I stared at her in aww.

"You can be whatever you want to be my Young maiden." I declared

"You may think Mister, but I can't. Yes, I may be a whale for all I know, but since I don't know I could be whatever I want to be. The only thing is, can I be a bird, a frog, or maybe a deer? No, I cant. I maybe whatever I want but I can't force myself to be something else. I couldn't be one of you because I can't do the things you do. So you see I am whatever I want to be, but I can not be one of you or anything else."

The woman's words confused me, but at the same time made things a little clearer.

"Well, You could a pig for all I care. I think you are a wonderful creature." I said.

She tilted to her head to the side in a little confusion and doubt. She soon came to terms with what I said in her head, and decided to speak once again.

"hunter, you see being whatever I want can be lonely sometimes. Would you mind being something you're not by staying with me tonight?" the woman asked.

She was very straightforward with her question, but how could I refuse a lady.

THIRD PERSON POV

The hunter and the creature spent the whole night talking and becoming familiar with each other. The hunter ended up falling asleep, but not before he learned about the creature's one special wish that could not be granted without a price.