Chapter Seven

~Hazel's POV~

Gaea had an army in the Roman ranks?

I looked at Gaea as she cocked her head at Percy. "What did you do?"

Percy continued smirking. "You really think I would betray both camps."

"But, the camps don't know that. When I kill you, you will fulfill the legend." Gaea smirked.

Percy's eyes widen in shock. I had a feeling he knew about the legend.

Gaea shrunk to Percy's height and walked in front of him.

"You planned this, didn't you." Gaea smirked.

She suddenly gripped his neck, causing Percy to close his eyes in pain. I looked away.

The monsters all started laugh and shout in delight.

I heard a flame start, I looked back and Percy was standing, with his back turned to me, in front of Gaea who was burning.

She looked shock. "How-" She said before she crumpled to dust.

Before, the monsters can react they too turn to dust, due to a big explosion.

When the dust cleared, and the ringing in my ear stopped, I looked around.

I wasn't tied anymore, everyone looked fine and was sitting up.

I heard Piper gasped, I followed where she was looking and saw Percy.

I got up and ran to him. I faintly heard the others do the same. The girl was next to him looking him over.

Once I got to his side, it looked worse. There were green lines going from his neck going up to his checks, his eyes were closed and he was barely breathing.

"What happened?" Piper asked.

The girl looked up. "Why do you care?" She asked, curious.

"Because he had his reasons. He never meant to hurt us." I answered.

Leo mumbled about is neck, making Piper elbow him.

"Good. Then, you will do the talking." The girl stated.

"What?" I asked.

"We need to take him to Camp Half-Blood. It's the only way to heal him. And, they saw what happened here, until Percy mentioned the army in the Roman ranks. So, they will still think Percy and I are enemies." The girl explained.

"But, it will take too long to get there." Annabeth pointed out, looking at Percy sadly.

"Says you. Now, can you trust me, so I can take us to Camp?"

I looked at everyone else.

And, we all came to a silent agreement.

I turned back to the girl. "Take us to Camp Half-Blood."

And, the world changed.

~MsPenguingirl1234.

Published: August 30, 2015.