Selfish

James wasn't happy about going to the hospital, but he knew there was nothing he could do to stop Joe. "Why, do I have to go?" James whined. "Because I'm scared." Joe said through gritted teeth. "Of what?" James truly was confused. "Losing you." Joe frowned.
They arrived at the hospital. "Please don't make me go in." James pleaded. "Let's go." Joe didn't acknowledge James's whines. They went in and got checked in. The doctor saw James ,and Joe told him the situation. "He's fine. He didn't take any kind of unsubscribed medicine " The doctor didn't care, and sent them on their way.
Joe and James walked in silence to the car. James glanced over at Joe, and regretted everything. Never had he seen such a happy man look so depressed. He felt terrible.
They reached the car, and they both got in, and closed the doors in sync. Joe sat staring out of the windshield, not starting the car or buckling up. "Why?" He swallowed hard trying to hold back tears. Without hesitation James replied "No one cares, why does it matter...at least I thought no one did." he said slowly looking at his hands. Joe gripped the steering wheel, and clenched his teeth. "Just say what you're going to say..." James sighed. "HOW COULD YOU NOT THINK ANYONE CARES? MYSELF, SAL, AND Q WORK OUR ASSES OFF FOR YOU TO BE HAPPY, YET YOU STILL DON'T THINK ANYONE CARES! HOW SELFISH CAN YOU BE!?" Joe took a deep breath, and cleared his throat. He was going to speak, but lost the words to say. He started the car, and left the hospital parking lot.
They drove a few blocks to James's house, but Joe drove past it. James didn't notice due to falling asleep against the window. They arrived at Joe's house a few minutes later. "Come on bud." Joe said nudging James before turning off the car. James stretched and rubbed his eyes. "Where are we?" He yawned. "You're staying at my house tonight." Joe said climbing out of the car. James didn't argue, and stood up.