Chapter 1 - Petrichor

Here's my first novel,every comment can be very helpful to me, don't forget to vote, excuse my mistakes as English is not my native language, hope you guys like it ...

*Norabel's POV*

It's a Friday morning in the winter, my favorite season for sure. I opened my eyes to the sound of every drop of the rain falling to the ground.

"Wow, it seems to be a perfect day!" i smiled.

I got off my bed and opened my small balcony in my room, it's painted all black, it's my favorite color.

I have a great view from my balcony; a little small Garden facing our building filled with flowers and beautiful trees, i love watching them as it can refresh my chest and mind.I took a deep breath to feel the best smell on earth, the smell of rain, as i am standing watching every drop of rain falling from the sky.

Then i heard my mother opening the door and entered.

"as usual, enjoying the moment huh?" she said and smiled

"good morning mum, yeah it's finally raining, would you like to join me." i said.

"no thanks, i'm not crazy as you are. You're gonna catch a cold." she said.

"catch a cold! Haha no mum you just don't understand it, rain and i are in love with each other, no harm will be done to me". i said laughing, "and i don't care if i will, i just love to do what makes me happy, and i guess it's the perfect time to make my favorite cup of coffee. "

As i took a sip from my coffee, i saw the people running down the street hiding from the rain like there's someone's chasing them, i really mean 'what's wrong with these people', can't they just feel the beauty of it, or how beautiful it smells, oh yeah they're afraid of getting wet!.

"Norabel" my mum called.

I closed the balcony's door behind me and got out of my room,

"yes mum"

" prepare yourself and get dressed and help me clean this mess up, your aunt and her son is visiting us today"

My cousin, Zack, he's not just one Of my relatives, he's like a brother and a friend to me too, i have a big trust in him, we grew up with each other we always used to play with each other when we were little kids and that friendship didn't stop we're now all grown-up and still friends.
Zack is a good guy, besides that he's a great artist, he has such a great talent in drawing and that's what we have in common, we both love drawing, i also have a talent, drawing is a way to escape reality exactly as reading is.
We used to draw with each other when we were younger.

Then i got to my room to see what i'm going to wear, i opened my closet and picked up a black t-shirt and a black jeans pants and then i brushed my hair and as so, i heard the door bell's ringing, i ran to to the door and opened it.

"heey, long time no see, man." i said while shaking hand with him.

"hey, Nora" he smiled, the smile that comes from the heart , "i missed you so much."

"when are you gonna stop getting taller Zack" i said joking.

"are you jealous 'cause i am so much taller than you,little kid."

"haha what little kid i'm almost 18 now, man you forgot?."

"No, i didn't." he smiled again.

His smile to me always seem to say something he hides,

Well i can say that he has feelings for me, it's obvious, but i always try not to think deep about this 'cause i can't see him more than just a friend.

We all sat down, me, Zack, aunt and my mother, after a long talk i stood up.

"where are you going?" Zack asked me.

"to my balcony there, i need to get some fresh air" i replied.

I'm actually that kind of a girl that loves sitting alone most of her time, don't like talking, have no idea how to start a conversation, when people around me talk to each other i don't even bother myself to hear what they're saying, it's not because i don't care or that i'm an anti-social, but because i know that most of their words are ; 1st: useless, 2nd: lies, 3rd: laughing about silly things, 4th: making fun of someone, 5th: saying things about themselves which they are not, 6th:talking about trivial things and making a big deals out of it, and if i listened to any of these empty conversations, i would say such words which will make them hate me for being honest and true to them, i don't like over compliments!

"would you mind coming with you, miss?." he said raising his brow.

"No, i'd like you to come with me mr.tall." i laughed.

I noticed mum giving me a serious look but i pretend i didn't see.

We excused them and followed our path to the balcony and we had a seat on the two chairs in there.