"A New Place"

(Authors note: The characters in this will still use their typing style while talking, typing, and texting. If that bothers you, please tell me!
~ Author))

Sollux's P.O.V

College. Just great. Right after everyone said, "There is no more school after high school!", I have to go back to hell again. At least I can live on my own, now. My brother, Mituna, is such a baby. He's about three years older than me and still lives with my dad. But somehow, he has a girlfriend. That lucky douche. He can see colors, but NO. I can't. This is one of the things I hate about life: not being able to see colors until you find your, as I quote from one of Mituna's girlfriends friends, Meulin, "soulmate!!!!!" She said some shit like that. I'm just happy I can get away from everyone's shit and can live on my own in a studio apartment. My best friend, Karkat, helped me move all of my stuff in here. I owe him a lot for that.

------------

"BEEP BEEP BEEP! WAKE UP MOTHER FUCKER! FIRST DAY OF SCHOOL, FUCKASS!!" God dammit. I jolted out of bed and quickly unlocked my phone so it would shut up. Fucking Karkat; him and his stupid-ass voicemails he sends me. About five minutes later, I decide to lug my ass out of bed. I got up and stretched as I walked to the bathroom to do my usual routine: take a ten minute shower, blow-dry my hair, put on baggy jeans or sweat pants and a tee-shirt, eat (if I'm hungry), brush my teeth and hair and leave. I grabbed my car keys, backpack, and coffee as I walked down the stairs. I thought about the symbols on the lights for (lonely pieces of shit) people who can't see colors. A plus (+) sign to go, an exclamation point  (!) to stop, and a dash (-) to slow down. When I got to my car, I unlocked it, got in, and turned on the radio before I left. 'Station 413: The Newest Hit Songs and Beats!' The small screen in my car showed. I fastened the seat belt and started the four mile drive to my new school, University of Alternia. A small college in a small city of a cold state, Alternia, Minnesota. ((AN: For a scene later :D))

-----------

"Oh 2hit. Do I have everything with me??" I said quietly as I parked my car in a small parking lot.
Shitty and over expensive class books: Check.
Computer and mouse: Check.
Glasses: I felt my face. "Okay, good. Check." I mumbled.
Notebooks: Check.
Pencils, pens, and highlighters: Check.
Everything else on my list: Check.
Okay, I have everything, why the hell am I getting so worked up?! Ugh. It will all be fine, so take a deep breath and walk in. I inhale some air, and exhale slowly. "You got thi2, 2ollux." I tell myself as I get out of my car. I grabbed everything I needed out of my car and started walking toward the large school building. But of course, as soon as I get up there, I fuck up badly. I wasn't paying attention to where I was walking and bonked heads with some poor girl. We both fell backwards and I shut my eyes tightly. "2hit.." I mumbled under my breath. I opened my eyes slowly, but to my surprise, everything was so bright! And... everything was also.. colorful..? Both dark and light unique splotches of what I thought are grays, silvers, light blues, yellows, Browns, blondes, blonds, blacks, whites, golds, and many more burst around me. I looked in front of me and felt a heat of a blush rise up to my face; in front of me was the gorgeous and beautiful person I had ever laid eyes on. Her eyes were reddish brown, which matched her dark brown hair perfectly. Her skin was a pale and soft looking. She had light brown freckles under her eyes, how... how perfect. Is she the one that is making me see colors?! Or is it somebody around me? Fuck. She is cute, like, really fucking cute. This girl is way out of my league.