The Start:// Addie

The Start:// Addie

A pitcher of water and a left over pizza said their greetings as I opened the fridge. How can I possibly forget that I haven’t had a grocery shopping yet? Well, that escalated quickly because it rhymed.  I sighed as I shut the door. To be frank, I haven’t eaten anything yet since breakfast. Now that I just got home from my school, I’m hungry.

Since my parents died in a horrible accident, my life was never the same. I don’t even know why I am still studying in Lewis High School Academy, where the rich type of people practically talk about me everyday for being an orphan. Not really because I am an orphan; it’s because I ran out of money. I spent every remaining dollar for the treatment of my parents, but unluckily, they still passed away. This house was the only precious thing left for me—and my night shift part time job in Starbucks, of course.

The blaring sound of telephone interrupted my thoughts. Now I’m wondering why they still haven’t cut the telephone line yet. I haven’t paid my bills for three months. Pitiful, I know.

I picked up the phone that was next to the sofa. I still have my furniture. I don’t know who to thank for this fortunate event of my life which is having furniture.

“Hello, this is Addison Dawson speaking.” I answered.

“Good evening Ms. Dawson, we called to inform you that you’ve been kicked out of Lewis High School Academy due to your unpaid bills for approximately four months. We are sorry.” The caller with an unidentified voice formally said. I gripped the telephone on my hand. Great, they are kicking me out. Did I just say that earlier? Now I believe in power of tongue—wait isn’t that mind, where the things that someone actually thought, really happens? But still, it is unreasonable. All of the staff there knew what happened with me. I always give them my promissory note because I still don’t have enough money, since I was just working on Starbucks. Besides, I will definitely pay them.

“What? No, you can’t do that! I will immediately pay you when I got the money, please don’t kick me out. My future relies on this academy.” I pleaded.

“I’m sorry Ms. Dawson, but you are overdue.” The caller spoke. Practically, yes I am overdue. But I am not going to lose my faith because losing is not included in the Dawson’s book of wisdom.

“Overdue? It was only four months!” I said bluntly.

“I believe that you are attending an exclusive school, young lady. If you’re having difficulties, please find a public school that will make your life better. The decision has been made.” The voice explained.

“Excuse me, madam or sir—I’m sorry but I couldn’t identify your gender, but I think you’re a little harsh. You sound like you’re stepping on my life status.” I said with a slight tone of hurt and anger. Though I think the caller noticed about that gender confusion. It’s really hard though. I think the caller suffers this kind of genetic disease—which I couldn’t remember—but I believe this kind of disease occurs when there is an excess gene or chromosomes or whatever. Simply, it’s when a man has a woman’s features and vice versa.

“I am sorry, Ms. Dawson. But if you want, we will make an offer to you.” My eyes sparkled with joy. Yet I still don’t know if eyes could really sparkle like everyone described it.

“What is it?” I said, trying not to sound like a five-year-old girl who got a lollipop for her birthday.

“Lewis High School Academy will give you a chance to pay your bills until next week.”  The smile on my face immediately dropped as he mutters those words. How am I going to pay all of that in just a week? They should’ve given me time until next month! I swear to God, if I was to meet the owner of this fracademy, I am going to kick his balls—or slap her vagina? Shit, that was a nasty thought! Delete, please.

I sighed in defeat. “Fine,” I said, almost a whisper. “If I wasn’t able to pay you, then kick me out.”

“Good. Thank you for your time, Ms. Dawson.” And then the bi-voiced caller hanged-up. I hope your saliva turns into bright neon color tomorrow, I thought to myself.

Now, how am I supposed to find a decent job in a span of just a week? Can I just rob a bank, a mall, or a restaurant? My dad would probably spank me if he was alive. My dad was really a good person. I think my slight mental disorder came from his genes because I still remember the days when he was just sitting and then the shouting of ‘Saukerl’ and ‘Saumensch’ begins—which I think are two German words and I still don’t know what those means. He can also be strict sometimes where he’ll just scold and shout at me that if I was to get a boyfriend, I’d rather marry the guy and stop attending school. But he will always make you feel that you are loved. God, I miss them. If I could just sell this house and rent an apart—

My thoughts cut my own thoughts. I grinned evilly as I went to my room to get a paper and a marker. Once I found those, I placed the white paper on the table, and started to write my oh-so-awesome idea that would help me. The smile remained on my lips as I finished writing. This is way too awesome.

Room for Rent: Strictly for Girls Only Because I’m NBSB