The billion questions asked

(Emilys P.O.V)

"Hey Emily?" Jacob asked with a bit of fear in his voice.

"Yeah Jacob?" I asked looking from the fire to him.

"Do you mind if I ask you some questions?" he looked at me with sadness in his eyes and the fire reflecting off that sadness.

"No go ahead." I said staring into the firy sadness of eyes.

"How long have you been here? Why did the shadow tell me I was already gone? Is there a way out of the forest?"

"14 years. It's an enchanted forest which if you enter you are automatically forgotten by the world and not that I know of." I answered trying not to sound annoyed with the amount of questions asked at once.

"One more question?" he asked a little worried on what my answer would be.

"Go for it." I looked back at the fire.

"How old are you?"

"I think 15. I don't even know my birthday I've been in here for so long." I pulled my knees up to my chest and pulled the blanket around myself.

"Oh. Does the forest make people forget thinks about themselves?"

"I thought you said that was the last question." I said jokingly.

"Sorry. I'm just really curious." he answered laying back.

I looked over him. I looked at his face. His eyes were closed and his breathing was slower. I realized he was sleeping so I move to a corner to go to sleep myself.

I fell asleep pretty quick since I usually only get about 2 hours of sleep every night.

-----------------------------------

In the morning I woke up to see Jacob had come over to the corner I was in. He was asleep in a ball a few inches away from where I was sitting.

I gave him my blanket since I was getting up anyways. I grabbed a dagger from the drawer and walked outside to hunt for breakfast.

-----------------------------------

Later I came back with 4 squirrels and a few peices of deer meat from a dear that some wolves had brought down.

I went to the stove and grabbed another knife. I skinned the squirrels and set the skins aside. I then put the squirrel meat on the stove to cook it while the dear meat was sitting a little bit away.

I knew I had to wake Jacob up, but the problem was I don't know what time he went to sleep or what time he usually wakes up.

I walked over and sat down in front of where his body lay. I looked at his face and brushed his hair out from in front of his eyes.

His eyes slowly opened and when I saw him look up at me I blushed.

"Sorry to have awoken you. I was thinking to wake you up, but didn't know what time you fell asleep."

"It's fine. No need to worry. I fell asleep after you did. I have a question though." he spoke his voice hoarse signaling he was still waking up.

"What's your question because I have one too."

"My question is: How did I get over here?"

I looked at him in shock. I looked to the carpet he fell asleep on.

"What was your question?" he asked pulling me out of space.

"I was going to ask why you were curled up next to me, but you already answered that with your question."

I looked back to the carpet. It looked off somehow I just don't know how though. I walked over to the carpet noticing the off color of where it used to be.

I screamed in terror. This fully awakened Jacob. He got up and came over to where I was. He looked down at the carpet.

He showed how terrified he was. It was written all over his face.

------------------------------------------------------

Hey guys sorry it took so long for me to update. I got caught up in other things and took me a while to remeber I had been writing this chapter for a week or so. I hope you enjoy plz vote and comment I would highly appreciate ideas for the story and questions. Pm me ideas I'll make sure you get recognition for helping me.
-HayleeTheHaysters