Chapter 1 - A Locked TARDIS

VWORP VWORP VWORP!

The TARDIS crashes through Earth's atmosphere.

"HOLD ON!" exclaims the Doctor. "We're about to land! There's something wrong with the TARDIS!"

***

"Paris, 2030," the Doctor reads from a newspaper as he steps out of the TARDIS. The sky is full of the latest model of Air Ballon Cars. "Sunday, May 10. Same date as . . . . well, except for the year."

"Where are we going to go exploring?" asks Clara.

"Follow me."

The Doctor and Clara walk toward the Eiffel Tower.

In their absence, two young girls step out of a mob near the TARDIS that is protesting McDonald's wages.

"Hey! Meggie! A Police Box!!" exclaims one of the girls with blonde hair and an American accent, pointing toward the TARDIS. "Those haven't been around for ages!"

"Do you think it time traveled?" asks the other girl with brown hair pulled into a ponytail, and who also has an American accent-Meggie.

"Only the Government has a time travel machine." clarifies the blonde girl.

"Eli! Wait! Let's go inside it!" Meggie touches her friends shoulder before she walks away.

"If you are then I am too-but I don't think we'll both fit." murmurs the blonde girl, Eli.

The girls step inside and their eyes grow larger-especially Eli's, because it's in her genes that her eyes naturally grow rather big, being Clara Oswald's great-granddaughter and all.

"I thought this was a box." whispers a frightened Eli.

"Maybe it was and entrance to a shop....or something?" whispers a curious Meggie.

"This is too much, I'm going back outside!" Eli says, as she starts to head toward the door.

"I'm coming with!" Meggie says as she follows Eli back toward the TARDIS door.

***

Outside the TARDIS a strange man walks past the box and locks the TARDIS with a key. As he continues walking, he throws the key in a dumpster nearby.

***

Eli and Meggie turn toward the door and find it is locked.

"Let us out!" Eli screams as Meggie kicks the door.