Chapter 8

-Justin-

The moment I stepped into school, my eyes roamed around to find Klare.

But I couldn't find her at all. Where could she be?

"Yo." Zac appeared out of nowhere.

"Where did you come from?" I asked.

"I was standing next to you for quite awhile. What have you been thinking? You're not even paying attention to things around you." Zac mentioned.

"Yea." I admitted.

"Wanna tell me what's going on?" He asked."Is it about Klare? Could you have..fallen in love with her?"

"Heck no." I answered."It's nothing much. Besides, you don't really want to know."

"Fine bro. If you insist." Zac walked ahead of me."Let's go to class."

I looked around once more. Klare was still not in sight. Could she have really decided not to come to school?

Without hesitation, I walked towards Klare's classroom.

"Is Klare here today?" I asked boldly.

"No. She isn't." A voice answered."Why?"

"You don't have to know, Janice." I said before walking off.

I have to find her. But I don't know anything about her. Nothing.

Not even a phone number. How was I supposed to reach her?

"Zac, do you know of anyone who might know Klare's number or address?" I asked him.

"Erm I'm not sure." Zac replied."Why would you need her number or address?"

"I just need it." I said.

"Let me think.." Zac played around with his pen."I think Jackson might know her address."

"Jackson? Jackson Turner?" I questioned."Why would he know her address?"

"I don't know man." He said."Hey wait...oh yeah I remember. He's her homework buddy. So if she doesn't come to school, he gives her the homework."

"Who on earth does that?"

"I think he volunteered." Zac laughed."I think he has a crush on her or something."

Okay. Jackson Turner huh? I walked out of the classroom towards Klare's classroom yet again.

"Jackson!" I called out in a loud voice."Come on out!"

I was desperate to get to Klare. Without her, my dreams are dead.

"What." Jackson walked out. He had this annoyed expression on his face.

"Tell me where Klare lives."

"No."

"It wasn't a question, dude." I folded my arms."Just tell me where she lives."

"Man. What's with you and Klare?" He asked."Earlier just now you came here asking for her too."

"Just tell me the bloody address!" I repeated. Seriously. I wasn't in the mood to explain things and I don't want to anyway.

"Fine. Just chill." Jackson said."I'll write it down, wait here."

I gave out a deep sigh. Maybe I was overreacting. Gosh.

"Hey why do need her address?" Janice asked. She was leaning against the wall with her arms crossed.

"I don't have to tell you."

"You asked for her earlier and now you want her address? You like her don't you?" Janice questioned.

"No I don't." I turned to her."I just need her for something."

"What's that something?" Janice's face turned serious.

"Justin!" Jackson rushed out."Here and here."

"What's this?" I asked.

"Her homework."

"School hasn't even started." I told him.

"Well that's my prediction on what homework there is." Jackson said."Bye and your welcome."

I gave him a glare before grabbing the paper as well as her homework.

"Justin. Why are you so worked up?" Janice asked."You're not usually like this."

"You don't know about me." I said.

"I know things." Janice stated."Justin. Why are you so cold to me?"

"Didn't you say you know things?" I started walking away."Answer that question yourself."

I don't hate Janice but I don't like her as well. She was full of hypocrisy but for once, I thought she really wanted to know about how I feel about her.

School began as normal and it ended as normal too. I headed out of school as soon as the bell rang.

Truthfully I think that this whole thing is distracting me from my studies. Well everything has a price to pay.

I got on the car and told the driver Klare's address. It wasn't far besides it was just probably a few blocks down the road from my house.

I got off the car and adjusted my shirt. It's the first time I'm going to a girl's house.

But this was considered...business I guess. It was nothing related to emotions or something more.

I knocked on the door and waited outside patiently.

The door opened and there stood a fine looking middle aged woman. She had glasses on over her dark eyes.

"Good afternoon...I'm looking for Klare Kingston?" I asked with a smile.

"Klare?" The woman looked surprised.

"Yeah."