Chapter 10

-Justin-

There she was, shining brilliantly in the sunlight. People were staring at her with shocked expressions.

"Klare." I smiled.

She turned to me and she wore a worried expression."Justin!" She grabbed my arm."They're staring! People are staring at me! See I told you I look really weird."

"No. You don't. " I smiled at her and my hand brushed lightly upon her hair.

She blushed when I said that.

"This girl." I muttered under my breath. She was adorable and pure which seemed so rare in this world.

"Hey." Zac called out from afar and started walking toward us.

"Justin!" Klare hid behind me."He's coming!"

"Leave it to me." I assured her before turning to Zac."Hey."

"Who's she?" Zac asked."Your girlfriend? I got to admit..she's pretty man but her clothes are nah."

"She's Klare." I replied.

Zac blinked twice when those words left my mouth."You don't mean..Klare..as in Klare Kingston?"

"Yes." I answered.

"Wow.." Zac smiled and gave off a laugh."Nice."

Klare was still behind me and her hands were on my shoulders. I could feel the beat of her heart racing so fast.

"Why are you hiding behind Justin?" Zac asked."And by the way..I thought you two were enemies and now you're dating each other?"

"No." We both said in unison.

"Okay..then..I gotta do what I gotta do when I see a pretty girl." Zac said with pride before heading closer to Klare."Hey. I don't think I introduced myself properly. I'm Zac."

Klare blushed so fiercely under the shadow of my back, it was as if a furnace was behind me.

"Go on." I said to Klare before stepping to the side. I could Zac liked her even if it was just a bit but he likes almost every single pretty girl he sees so he's gotta feel more than that to date Klare.

Klare walked to him."Hi I'm Klare."

"Cool." He smiled."I didn't know you were that pretty but..your clothes are a little.."

"Ahem." I coughed."I'm gonna take her out today."

"That's great." He exclaimed."I can't wait to see how you look.."

"Okay Zac." I said. He was flirting with her like he does with every girl. But I don't want him messing around with Klare and taking advantage of her feelings.

I got to make sure he doesn't break her heart and he definitely has to fall an actual love for her.

But can clothes and make up even do that? It will take quite a while for love to happen.

Even now, my Dad and Mom don't really show love to each other..so it'll probably take a few decades.

"Let's get going." I said to them."Class is going to start soon."

Zac smiled at Klare before heading into the school building.

Klare smiled at me with one of those extremely rare smile and it was kinda  pretty..

"He talked to me!" Klare giggled."He said I was pretty..it's working, Justin!"

"See I told you it would work." I told her."But you gotta help me too..especially at the party and meeting my Mom."

"Sure." She grinned confidently."We made a promise." And she headed inside the school building.

Klare changed so much. What love can do to a person..it's amazing.

I was never in love unless you considered several shortlived relationships as love but I think not.

I probably dated around four persons in my lifetime. Jessie, Kate, Georgia and Cassidy - if I remembered correctly.

Never mind that. Love can come later or maybe never, doesn't matter much to me.

My love for my dream..now that's true love. Ah hah.

I headed into the building and went to class.

******************************

"Ready to go?" I approached Klare.

"Yes." She adjusted her hair."I think so."

"Okay. Come on, I parked the car right there."

"You drove to school today?" Klare asked."No longer being chauffeured huh?"

"You've changed and so did I." I said to her.

"You're actually a nice person..even though I thought of you as a jerk in the past."

"You dare say that." I laughed."It took two and a half weeks to win you over man and I don't even want to point out the kick you did to me."

"Sorry." She laughed."I really didn't like you...but now that I think about it..I do appreciate you."

I just shot her a smile because to be  honest I was never good with receiving compliments.

"You know something..Justin?" Klare turned to me."You have a really nice smile."

And for the first time since forever, my heart raced.