Chapter 2: Cheerleaders

Amber May sat in the stands and cheered loudly. She watched in suspense as her awesome boyfriend, Josh Holmes, sprinted down the field to score the winning touchdown.

Amber May was a typical sixteen-year-old. She was average, not like a giant or short like an ant, just about 5'4". So pretty average. Her blond hair flowed down her back and went down to about her waist. She was a natural blond, unlike most of the girls in who school. Her brown eyes were flecked with gold. Sometimes she wore blue contacts to see if anyone would notice. They always did.

"Yeah!!! Way to go Josh!! Wahoo!!" Amber stood up from her chair, knocking down her plate of nachos. She made the cheerleaders sound like they were whispering. Josh smiled up at her as the cheerleaders frowned at her and stared into her soul with their eyes of every color. She could tell they were mad at her, and they had every reason to. Only she knew why but the gossipers would probably get the story out within the next day, and they would probably get it wrong.

"Screw you!" She shouted to the angry cheerleaders as she got up and ran down the long set of stairs that lead from the V.I.P. section to the field to hug Josh. "You were awesome!" She shouted to him as he smiled at her and waved to his fans.

"I know." Josh said as they walked out of the field and Amber went to wait for him outside the boys locker room. She leaned against the wall and waited impatiently. She hoped he'd be out soon.

As she waited Amber frowned thinking of what her parents will do to her when she gets home... "Hey! Amber!"

Amber looked up to see the head cheerleader, Natalie Schmidt, storming towards her with the entire squad following, with the same disturbingly angry face as their leader.

Natalie was a tall red-head with a few freckles and ice blue eyes. She wasn't the perfect image of a cheerleader but she thought she was and she made that heard. A lot.

"You think your better than us!" Natalie screamed so loud that everyone all over the world, no, universe could probably hear her. All the kids near by turned and stared. The boys went back to what they were doing when they realized it was just gonna be a typical girl-fight. But the other girls gathered around and instantly took sides, cheerleaders or Amber.

"Yeah." Amber tried to keep her cool and put on a straight face. She thought What would Ashley do?

Ashley was the most feared bad girl in the school, and while Amber was the most popular, she was still scared of her.

"What is wrong with you! Everyone around school is talking about how Amber May, the most popular kid in school, said that she was too good for the cheerleading squad!" Natalie said as she shoved Amber against the wall.

"Yeah. So the gossipers got it right for once. Why do you care?"

"Because people are calling us... nerds!" She hissed the last part as if it were a bad taste in her mouth.

"The got that right too!" Shouted Amber before turning around and walking out on the conversation. She even went as far as flicking her blonde hair in Natalie's face.

Everyone in the crowd shouted "OHHHHHHHH!!" and jumped back before leaving as well.

Leaving the cheerleaders speechless, Amber stormed down the street. Her house was six blocks away but she didn't have a car, even though she was sixteen.

Amber snuck around her own house and into the backyard. She quietly opened the back door and started to make her way through the kitchen when the lights went on. "Amber Maggie May! what are you doing!!" Shouted a voice from down the hall.

"Going to bed." Amber whispered before turning to face her angry mother.

"Get over here." Amber cautiously walked up to her mom, who was holding a heavy book. She whacked Amber in the head with it. Amber rubbed her head and held back the tears that were threatening to spill from her eyes.

"Where were you!" Demanded her mom, who was threatening her with the book again.

"At the football game with my boyfriend, who loves me. Unlike you." She got another whack to the head.

"You are forbidden to be with him. Now go to your room. NOW!" Amber sprinted down the stairs to her dark, forbidding, and very dangerous basement.

There was one light that flickered above Amber's head as she walked to the back wall of the room where she slept.

As she walked she passed spider webs, broken tools and junk from her parents, and things she couldn't even identify. She soon reached her poor excuse for a bed.

She flopped on the flat mattress and shivered. The basement was cold and drafty and school had just started a week ago. She didn't want to think about winter. She put her arms behind her and pretended they were a pillow. She wished she had one but she was used to sleeping without one. After about an hour of rolling around Amber fell into a restless sleep where she rolled with nightmares and flashbacks.

Give me an E-D-G-E-W-O-O-D! Amber shouted as she jumped up into the air and landed in the splits.

"Woah." Natalie Schmidt, head cheerleader was impressed. "Your in and i'm not just saying that because your the most popular girl in school!"

"Yes!" Amber walked out.

****************************************************************

"Oh crap, I need mom and dad to sign this." Said Amber as she looked over the sheet she needed to sign and return. "Im done for." She crumpled up the sheet and threw it in the trash. "Now I need an excuse on why I cant do it. Hmm..." Amber thought of an excuse and wrote it in her perfect handwriting on a sticky note that she was gonna put on the cheerleaders table the next day.

Her parents didn't give a crap what she did with her life. They didn't care if she did cheerleading and died from falling or something. But they wouldn't sign. They just wanted to ruin her life.

Amber really wanted to be a cheerleader so she could be away from home more and have fun with "friends." But that dream was crushed by her parents. Like most of her others...

A/N: It's chapter 2 time and we've met the next character in our book! Amber is now our second character! *Notice how she's not perfect. She's a popular girl with lots of friends but her life's not all that great.*

I decided to write this book because it's anti-bullying which is something I've had a lot of experience with. I wanted to write a story that portrayed it correctly. I wanted a story that didn't just show a perfect with with blonde hair and blue eyes with her boyfriend, the football quarterback, who bullied the nerdy girl with giant glasses. I wanted to show that even the most popular girls aren't as they seem. No one's perfect and I hope to portray that accurately in this story.

Yeah I might make some mistakes but don't we all! I hope to respond to every comment and even if I don't know that I still care and will get to you soon. :D

I am going to write this accurately. I hope you like it. :D

Also I don't swear. It's not that I can't, it's just that I don't. I wanted to write a book everyone can read. Cuz I have younger siblings who might wanna read this. So...

~BentOvrBckwrds1