Chapter 3: The Tough One

The crowd parted as she walked down the hallway. A few kids ducked into classrooms to avoid her gaze. A kid who was fighting with another kid froze in mid punch and hid behind the first kid. One boy wet himself.

Ashley Ongeles walked down the halls like every other kid. She went to all of her classes and did all of her homework like every other kid. What made her different from every other kid was that everyone was afraid of her.

This could be bad and good.

It was good because no one would bully her and she wouldn't have to worry about anyone standing up to her. Some kids, correction, all kids wanted her life. But it wasn't all that good.

It was bad because she had no friends. Everyone feared her, not friended her. She was never even given a chance. Not one. Even kids three years older of ten years younger feared her. And they didn't even know her!!

Why won't someone new move here who hasn't already talked to anyone yet? Or maybe get their brain wiped from a horrible accident?? Ashley strolled down the hall staring down some of the kids who dared to look at her. They all lost.

Ashley walked over to her locker and opened it with a kick. She pulled out her stuff and slung her bag over her shoulder. She kicked the locker shut and walked down the parted hallway which froze under her gaze. She walked right out the front door of the school and into her car.

Ashley was only 15 and wouldn't be sixteen for another two months but already drove a car because, who needs a licence.

Ashley didn't know exactly where she was gonna go she just knew she didn't feel like going to class today. So she left. She drove down the road and soon was on the path to her house. She knew she shouldn't skip school, but it's what bad girls do, right?

Ashley's black Jeep soon pulled into the driveway at 1118 Streete Dr. She stopped the car quickly hoping no one was home. Her parents would kill her if they caught her skipping school again. She got out of the Jeep and opened the garage door with the password. As it rose into the ceiling above her, Ashley walked into the empty, dark room and frowned. Mom had put her fighting stuff back downstairs again.

The door creaked opened and Ashley flicked on the lights to her basement. It was a nice place with lots of room. The floor was wood and the walls were painted white. A large flat-screen tv sat on one wall and a few chairs and couches filled the room, but Ashley wasn't concerned with them. She walked past each couch and chair and gave the last one a kick for good measure. She opened the door at the far end of the room and frowned.

Mom had shoved all of her boxing and fighting stuff to the corner of the back room. The nerve of that woman...

Ashley started to haul each item out of the room and up the stairs to its rightful place in the garage. She grunted as she pulled the last of the heavy equipment into the garage. She smiled. Everything was back in its place.

As Ashley punched her punching bag and did pull-ups on the bar that hung from the ceiling she thought of what it would be like to be normal.

Ashley walked down the hall and waved to her friends. They waved back and smiled at the sight of her. They ran up and hugged her with happy greetings.

"Hey!"

"Sup."

She walked up to the girls and smiled a bright smile. The first real one in years.

The group talked about stuff friends, family, life.

That would be awesome. Ashley smiled at the thought of it.

Suddenly the garage door opened and Ashley froze. She slowly turned to see her dad standing in the driveway staring at her with a frown. The smile vanished.

"Sorry." She said as she dropped from the bar on the ceiling.

"You know you need to go to school sometime..." Ashley's dad pointed towards the black Jeep in the driveway.

"But school is so boring!!" Ashley complained as she started to walk down the driveway slowly.

"Now!"

Ashley got in the car and slowly pulled out of the driveway. She really didn't want to go to school. It just reminded her how lonely she was.

She drove around the town and avoided the school but after about fifteen minutes got bored and parked behind the school. She listened as the bell rang and watched as students began flooding the parking lot and boarding busses, climbing into cars, and walking down the sidewalk. One girl in particular interested her.

A girl in a blue sweatshirt slunk around the back of the school, the pockets on her sweatshirt bulging.

Ashley slumped in her chair, hoping the girl wouldn't notice her. That's when she saw something surprising.

The girl in the blue hoodie smirked as she leaned against the back wall and pulled a sandwich out of her pocket. She unwrapped it and ate it quickly. "Ha ha. Did it again." She smirked before turning and casually walking out from behind the school and down the street.

Who was that, Ashley thought, maybe she's that new girl I was hoping for. Maybe we could be friends... I'm about to find out.

She pulled out of the parking lot and slowly cruised down the road, following the mysterious girl, in hopes of a new friendship.

A/n: So now we're done with introductions! Yay! I didn't think I was gonna get this far but look what I got!!

I didn't think anyone was reading this until I was looking through my inbox today and saw a comment or two made by a girl named @KaiaAndy. She actually read Parties and this book! That's awesome! Thanks for that Kaia! :)

I guess that's all I got. :)

-BentOvrBckwrds1