I

"Okay, Mom. Just make it fast." I watched my mom as she went to the businessman. I caressed the wheel of my pickup. I guess I'll just sell this and buy a cheaper one. My mom and I are nearly broke. I earn some but not enough for debts. I have to think of a plan.

I grabbed my bag and searched for my phone. I stared into the wallpaper and thought of nothing. Then, a knock made me jump.

I looked up and saw what the angels have brought me. I stared into his brown eyes. He glared at me while he run his hands through his black messy hair. His build made my heart skip a beat. Then I saw the badge and I just froze.

"Excuse me, Ms."

I smiled and rolled down the car window. "Good morning, officer. Fine day, isn't it? How may I help you?" I flashed him my killer smile and I hope he will feel kind to me. I bit my lips to add more points.

"Hm. Can you help me understand why you are here in a no waiting, no loading, no unloading, no parking area? Oh and why you have 3 speeding tickets not settled? And last, why are you seducing an officer?"

He's pobably 26 or older. His lips.. "I'm sorry, Sir--" I didn't see a name plate. Then, I remembered the news about fake policemen harassing motorists. "Where is your name plate?"

"Acting suspicious. That's new."

"Fake police. That's old."

He leaned in closer and looked me straight in the eyes. Gaaaaaa! I think I peed my pants. "I wonder what you will do to a 'fake officer', Ms. Dovey. You gonna cry?" He smirked and I think I just blushed. Damn it, Nif. Wake up!

I saw my mom walking towards the car. "No. You will cry." I grabbed my pepper spray and gave him some in the eyes. He backed up, hit the car door and fell to the ground. "Mom, get in!" I tried to start the ignition and failed. I slammed the wheel and I heard a grrrr. He was standing up. He came closer and was about to growl at me but I sprayed into his mouth. He choked. The car started and I drove off.

I was feeling lucky already when I heard a siren. I sped up a little and turned left then right then I just forgot. I stopped the car and realized I was holding my breathe.

"Don't worry, Mom. I think we lost him. We're lost, too. But its easy going back anyway." I looked at the rear mirror and sighed.

"Nif.. Um." I looked at what mom was staring at and saw a handsome figure. Then he smirked.

---

I told my mom to go home while I waited in the police station. I watched blankly at the guy who was about to punch the other but ended up hitting a girl who came between them. Then I saw this little guy who was alone and looked afraid.

I stood up and walked towards him. He was quite dirty and his tears made his face sticky. "Hey there." I did my killer smile again and hope it will work now. He looked up at me and I saw a booger hanging. I giggled, grabbed a tissue from my bag and gave it to him. His eyes became wide and faced his back to me. He reminds me of my little sister.

"Is it gone now?" He said with a shaky voice.

"All good." I smiled. "You okay?"

He told me that he went to the grocery with his mom. He saw a chicken mascot and ran off. He lost sight of his mom.

"Just chill. I know she'll find you." I pinched his cute cheeks and he showed me his grin. I smiled back.

A policewoman approached us and said, "Excuse me, Ms. You have to pay your tickets before you can leave."

I sighed. "Okay.. So, um, where's the officer that I, you know--"

"You assaulted?"

"Uh yes. I would just want to apologize--"