III

My mom woke me up for work. I'm a researcher of this environmental company. It's not the best job but its all I can have for now.

"Sweetie, your phone has been ringing all morning."

I found my phone on the floor. Ven left 3 missed calls and 2 text messages. Nothing new there. One text message from the unknown number..again.

You had fun last night.

Stalker and maniac. I decided to ignore it.

I stood up and went to the bathroom. My face has different kinds of marks from the couch. I have a tiny bruise from my fall. And my hair is.. I just can't describe it.

I took a bath, brushed my teeth and wore a light yellow top, black slack and 2-inch gold heels.

I went to the kitchen and sat down for breakfast. I reached for the bills and stopped for a second to think. My night was so awesome that it made my morning awesome, too. I'll just look at these later.

"Where did you go last night, mom?"

She swallowed the pancakes in her mouth and said, "I looked for buyers."

A pang of guilt hit me. My mom was working and I was out there enjoying myself.

I checked my watch and stood up. I kissed my mom goodbye and went to the garage. I got in on my pickup and started it. I went to the church and went straight to the columbary. And there's my little sister..

I sat down on the floor and stared at her name engraved on the marble. A tear dropped and was followed by more. I wiped it and smiled. I stood up and left for work.

---

What I thought will be a great day turned out to be a dull one. There was no assignments given to me. I can't go home because attendance is a must. Damn it. I reclined my chair and stared at the ceiling.

"Girl, your blood will go to places you don't want them to." Hannah said. My officemate. I grunted.

Paul, our delivery guy, entered the office. He was bringing a bouquet of flowers same as what Luke gave me.I immediately stood up causing me to see dark spots and losing my balance. "Jennifer Dovey."

I signed his papers. My officemates, who also have nothing to do, were applausing. This is the first time they see an evidence of me having a love life.

"Girl, I thought we were friends!" Hannah pouted.

I sat down at my chair and smelled the blue roses. I loved them. I noticed a small card, opened it and read it.

I know what happened to your sister. Do you want me to do it to the person who gave you these?

My heart sped up. I had a hard time breathing and blood rushed to my head. I realized that I was sweating so much already. There was no sound in the office. I stood up and saw things in slow motion. The flowers took its time falling to the floor. I tried looking for Paul. He left already.

I ran to the elevator and saw him waiting. I held him on his shoulders because I was losing my balance.

"Who gave me the flowers?" I asked with a shaky voice.

He looked at his papers and said, "Anonymous." I stared into nothing.

After some time, I realized that Paul left. I went to the restroom, washed my face and stared at my reflection.

My phone rang and I remembered the maniac who was texting me. I grabbed my phone and read the message.

I knew you'll like it.