Chapter 9 - Family

These past few days have gone by fast. Too fast. I was currently sitting on the couch in between Matt and Shawn. I have been hanging out with them the most this past week, but I did have one day we're it was just me and Ethan. Ethan is closer to me then Gray. Ethan and I make more jokes and have more laughs, similar personalities I guess.

Matt, Shawn and I were currently watching the Incredible Hulk and Shawn kept fake punching me while saying 'hulk smash'. Goof. Matt was resting his head on my shoulder like a baby. It was currently 8pm. It's Friday night and this is the last night that we will be staying in LA. We already had a little 'farewell' party last night since everyone is going back home tomorrow. I didn't want to think about tomorrow, I wanted to think of Matt's head on my shoulder and Shawn being an idiot. That's what made me happy.

-----------

The movie ended and it was almost 9:10. I thought that I should go to bed since I have to wake up at 3am tomorrow. Also, I'm pretty sure Matt and Shawn fell asleep on me. Matt is in the exact same spot he was before but Shawn's head is in my lap. I started playing with Shawn's hair, habit I guess.

"I'm gonna miss you Syd" I hear a muffled voice of my shoulder. I didn't reply but instead I wrapped my arms around Matt who hugged back instantly. We let go and then Matt leaned back on the couch. I took this as a perfect opportunity to rest my head on Matt's chest. I didn't want Shawn to miss this family moment so I slapped his forehead. Shawn jolted up but I quickly brought him into a hug with my left arm. One big happy family, yay.

We stayed like that for a while, laughing and just talking about all the great memories we've made in such a short period of time. After about 40 minutes of just spending time together, I decided it was best for me to go to sleep. I hugged them good night and went to the bathroom to take a shower, partly because I need to take a shower every night or else I feel gross but mostly because I felt like I needed to physically wash the stress off of me. The stress of leaving tomorrow, or should I say a couple of hours.

I was in and out of the shower quickly. After brushing my teeth and everything in-between, I decided it was best for me to just sleep, not beat around the bush or going on my phone. Just, sleep. And that's exactly what I did as soon as my head hit my pillow.

------------------------------------------------

Ouch. My eyes were closed but I could feel a slight pain in my shoulder. I wiggled around while wrapped up in my fluffy blanket. I opened one eye to see Shawn standing over top of me.

"why does my shoulder hurt Shawn" I said. Still looking at him with only one eye opened

"You weren't waking up so I punched you in the shoulder, but it's 3:10 right now" He said while peering down at me

"Dude fuck off" I closed my eyes and pulled my blanket over top of my head

"Syydneeeyy" Shawn said a whipped my blankets off me leaving me in my track pants and sports bra.

"Shawn I'm going to fucking murder you"

"Well you can't be late to the airport" he raised an eyebrow at me. I stayed silent because I knew that I couldn't miss my flight

"Fine, Mendes" I rolled out of bed and saw Shawn walk out with a slight grin on his face.
I had packed all my things the previous night. I slept for a solid 5 hours but I wasn't hungry. If I needed to eat, I could on the plane. I threw a volleyball shirt on and pulled my bags down stairs.