Part 9

"Honey, eat some breakfast, you haven't eaten since dinner last night and even then, it was only a mouth full. Is everything okay? Do you need to talk about anything? Or is anything worrying you?"

My Aunt asked me, but, I shook my head and stood up.

"I need to get to work. I'll see you this evening."

I said and left the house to see Ashton's car waiting outside. I sighed and walked over to it and got in. Ashton turned to look at me and frowned. I suddenly felt sad, so, I turned to look at Ashton.

"Hi."

I said to him and he smiled, his dimples showing as he leaned over and kissed my cheek. I shouldn't be angry at Ashton about the whole wolf and dying thing, he didn't choose to have me as his mate.

"We're going to talk to my boss today, right?"

I asked him and he turned to me and nodded with the most sweetest smile on his face. I smiled, looking at him as he parked into an empty parking space at my work place. We got out of the car and made our way inside. I spotted my boss right away and walked over to her.

"Hey, Sara. Have you got a minute?"

I asked her and she nodded quickly before turning to me.

"Only a minute though because we are very short staffed and we have a lot of work to do."

She said and I nodded as Ashton started to talk.

"Well, ma'am, I would like to help you with your little problem. I'm currently looking for work and Emily here tells me how nice it is to work here, so, it would be a honor to."

Ashton said and Sara looked at him up and down for a minute.

"What's your name?"

"Ashton Irwin."

He replied and she nodded and folded her arms over her chest.

"Well, Ashton Irwin, do you have any experience?"

She asked him and Ashton chuckled as if he were embarrassed.

"Urm, I do. I have worked at KFC and also a video store in town."

He told her and I tried my hardest to hold in a giggle.

"Can you start today?"

She asked him and he nodded as her phone rang.

"Consider yourself hired."

She said and walked off to answer her call. I happily laughed and turned to hug Ashton. I then pulled him to the back to where we put our things. We put our things at the back and then walked back onto the shop floor where a delivery had just been delivered.

"Why don't you stock and I'll work the tills?"

I told him and he nodded and began to unpack some of the boxes while I served a few customers.

(Ashton)

The evening soon approached and Emily and I were just leaving the store. I smiled as she grabbed my hand as we walked to my car. My ears picked up a scream and I turned to the direction of an alley. I turned to Emily.

"Stay here. Don't move."

I said before kissing her head and running off towards the scream. As I got to the alley, I saw Bradley with a perfectly uninjured girl next to him. Bradley smirked and waved the girl off.