Chapter 2: A Forgotten Grove

It was dark, a formless void.

And then there was me. Standing in the nothing.

"Jackson!" A female voice called "Jackson where are you?"

"Who's there?" I called back, the voice seemed familiar and gave me a sense of, how do I describe it, like I was home.

Then a girl materialised in front of me. She had lightly tanned skin and long hair that was dyed blood red and she had tied in a single ponytail. She opened her eyes and they were a light blue.

Like mine I thought

"Jackson, I've been looking everywhere for you," she said as she embraced me.

"Umm," I started "Who are you?" It was fairly awkward being hugged by some random girl in a formless void.

"Jackson, It's me," She parted herself from me "Sarah, your sister,"

I thought back as far as I could, which was only this morning, but then I remembered the slip of paper in my pocket.

"I was supposed to meet you this morning at someplace called RC," I blurted out.

"Jackson you were supposed to meet Nick and myself there three days ago," She said looking a bit worried "Jackson what's going on,"

"I woke up this morning in a wheat field with no memory of anything," I told her

"A wheat field? Where?" She asked.

"District 11" I told her.

"District 11," She had a look of concern in her eyes, "I don't know what that is,"

She then flickered a bit. Like she had gone in and out of existence at a rapid pace for a few seconds.

"Crap, Morpheus and Iris can't hold my connection with you much longer," She said.

"Who are they?" I asked "Sarah please I'm super confused right now,"

"I know you are I am too," She was fading now, becoming more translucent with every word. "Ill find you soon just hang on until I get there,"

"Wait," I screamed at her "Don't go I need anwsers,"

She smiled at me, "losing your cool now are we dear brother that's not like you," She said teasingly before fading out of existence.

Then something slammed into the back of my head and I awoke from my dream.

I was lying on the floor beside the couch with a stinging pain in the back of my head, and a vague image of Jenny running over to me.

"Are you hurt?" She asked "What happened?"

"I'm fine," I was physically fine but mentally felt like I had been beaten with a large stick. "Just a weird dream,"

She looked down at me with pursed lips.

"You'd better wash up for dinner, the bathroom's over there," She pointed at a door directly behind me.

"Thanks I said," as I walked over to the door and let myself in. There was pail of water on a stool under a mirror next to an end table with some brushes and razors on it, and a small white bath tub in the corner.

I decided to check myself over in the mirror. I wasn't looking too bad. I had recently shaven and my hair was gelled to have the front spike up. However it did have pieces of grain stuck in it from laying in the field this morning. I pulled the grain from my short blonde hair and stared into my own blue eyes. They were exactly like my sister's in color, shape and even placement on my face.