Chapter 1

So sorry for the wait, guys!!!! I've been really busy lately and it's taken me a while to get everything sorted! Anyway, I hope you like this chpater :3

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The sounds of monitors beeped around me. I could hear the sounds of birds outside, but also the voices of people around me. One voice sounded familiar: Cal. The poignant smells of bleach, disinfectant and synthetic materials were ripe in the air. Cal's deep, rustic voice became clearer.

"Is she going to be okay...?" Callum questioned; he sounded a little tired and choked up.

"We hope so, Mr Carter. She's stable, but she will be in a lot of medication, so please don't ask too much of her when she eventually wakes." Someone responded in a reassuring tone, "May I ask Mr Carter, do you know how Kat came to be like this?"

"I-I... I don't know... I found her like that and drove her immediately here..."

"Well, she looks like she's going to be fine. You can finally sleep."

"No, I'm staying awake until her eyes open. Anyway, I'm gonna go get a coffee. I need something to keep me going..."

"I'll leave you to it, sir. Bye now."

I heard two sets of footsteps trail off. My eyes slowly fluttered open and my vision was slightly blurred. Gradually, as I searched around the room, my eyes found their way back to normality. I was in hospital, great. The walls were pure white; the tiles on the floor were checkered and the window had plum-coloured curtains draped down them. There was a bunch of flowers beside my bed: red roses and white lillies. There was a card in it. Slugishly, I picked it up.

Hope you're okay. Please get better soon. I need you.

Remember, Warped in 2 days.

Love, Luke x

I could have guessed. Luke was my best friend, my only real friend, and I loved him like a brother. He was lovely and caring and I just adored him. Cal passed the window of the room with a cup of coffee in his hand. We locked eyes and he immediately smiled and walked in.

"Hey." He greeted me calmly, "How're you feelin'?"

"I'm... fine. I suppose." I mumbled in response; the machine beside me bleeped some more.

"Good... You like the flowers?"

"Yeah. My favourites."

"Luke came and dropped them off. Well, I say 'dropped them off', but he stayed here pretty much all night. He only went home because his mum came for him."

"I've missed him... but we have Warped Tour to go to soon. I can't wait. Actually, will I be out of here by then?"

"I think so... You really scared me, y'know?"

"I'm sorry..."

"Well, Luke said you could stay at his for a while, if you want. I don't want you going through that ever again. You're my baby sister, Kat, I really fucking love you. And you're not going back there; I just wish I'd done something sooner."

 "Don't go all soppy on me now, Cal... And don't you dare blame yourself."

"I'm not going soppy. I just care about you, that's all."

"I know you do... I love you too. Now, can we please stop being all sentimental; it's not really my type of thing."

"Yeah, yeah, 'course." He sat at the edge of my bed and cuddled me tight, "Do you want me to call Luke, or are you not up to seeing anyone yet...?"

"Um... call him. I wanna see him."

"Okay, okay." He smiled at me, sweetly, and strolled out the room.

I smiled to myself and lay my head back on the pillow, looking at the flowers beside me.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Ooooooooh, what will happen? :o Will Luke and Kat get together? When will SWS finally be introduced? The answer to these questions is: I don't know. I'm kinda just making this up as I go along :3