Chapter 3

I'M SO BAD AT UPDATING D: ERGH, I'M SOWWY ;-; Please don't hate me... Here's another chapter to make p for it... c:

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I woke from my sleep around noon, having not being able to sleep most of the night because Luke was here. My eyes flickered open and everything was blurry. After my vision cleared, I noticed that Luke was asleep in the armchair Cal was in before; my brother must have gone home. I smiled at Luke's gentle, innocent face. He'd always been there for me, even now, and I loved him so much for that. Quietly, I wandered over to him from my bed, careful not to wake him. I placed a tender kiss on his cheek and smirked at his sleeping face. Slowly, I sat back down on my bed, continuing to smile at my best friend. I sighed, lay down and closed my eyes. Suddenly, there was a large bang. I shot up to find my father stood in the doorway. Luke had also been rudely awoken and he jumped from his chair. Swiftly, my father ran over to me, grabbing me by my shirt. He yanked me up and pulled me towards the door. Luke grabbed my hand, bringing me back to safety. He squared up to my father, who was only a few inches taller than him, and spoke in a vicious, nasty, vengeful tone.

"What are YOU doing here, you sick fuck? You're the one who put her in here!" He screamed at my father.

"I'm coming to get my daughter whether you like it or not!" He shoved Luke to the ground and grabbed me again, this time by my wrist.

At this point, Luke had climbed to his feet and stood behind my father. He had a small cut on his forehead. Luke jumped on to my father and pulled him off me, shoving him towards the door. And that's when Cal entered. When he saw my father had hold of me, he helped Luke push him out of the door and yelled at him to never come back. With each attempt that my father tried to get in, the security guards got closer and closer. Eventually, they forced my father out of the building, not without a struggle though, and they came back to check on me.

"Are you okay?" The first guard asked.

"Yeah, yeah, all good." I replied in monotone, "Just don't let him in here again."

"Yes ma'am." And then they left.

Luke placed me on the bed gently and hugged me tight.

"You listen to me... you're staying with me, at least for a few days. He won't be able to get you then. I'm really worried that something bad will happen and I refuse to let you leave alone." He spoke with an anxious tone.

"Thank you Luke... you're my best friend and that means a lot to me..." I sighed deeply and placed my head on his shoulder.

I felt him smirk and wrap his arms around me comfortingly. We sat there together for a few moments until we realised that Cal was watching us. Slyly, I glanced at my brother, then placed my head back on my best friend's shoulder. Cal sat beside me hesitantly.

"Listen, Kat, today's been really long for you and I think that with Luke is the best place to be right now..." He kissed my forehead, "I love you, sis. Oh, by the way Luke, have you had your head looked at?"

"Um, no, not yet..." He replied quietly; he always got nervous around my brother and I had no idea why.

"Well, c'mon, I'll take you to get it checked out..." Cal stood up slowly, sighing as he did so; this day had taken it out of him, "C'mon!"

"Fine..." Luke turned to me, "Will you be okay?"

"Yeah, yeah... I'll be fine. Just as long as you are." I answered nervously, "Go on..."

Carefully, I watched them both leave together. I lay back down on the bed and sighed to myself contently. Closing my eyes, I waited and waited for them to come back, humming weird tunes to myself to occupy me.