Dark Side - Chapter 8 - Hey Gerry !

I woke up to my mum sitting beside my bed, her fingers were running through my hair and a few tears were streaming down her face. I shot up to ask her what was the matter. She said nothing for a while, then explained that dad had stormed out the house last night and still hasn't returned. I hugged her tightly and sung the lyrics..

"Don't worry about a thing,'Cause every little thing gonna be all right.Singin': "Don't worry about a thing,'Cause every little thing is gonna be alright"

She hugged me tightly and smiled, she loved that song by Bob Marley. But it seemed like something else seemed to be bothering her. Before I could say anything she got up, stoked my head and walked out my room then tried to call my dad a few times. She got no answer.

I scrambled out of bed and stared at my legs. My eyes shot open wide, purple bruises were all over my legs. They hurt to touch them. I tried to think today should be a better than yesterday. But thinking why should I be shocked at my bruises? I was more worried about Adam, he has to put up with this and has been putting up with this almost every last day of high school.

I found some tight grey jeans and climbed into them, along with some black boots, a plain white t-shirt and a denim jacket. I grabbed my bag and strolled out my bedroom door. As soon as I got to the hallway, my dad slammed open the front door. Drunk and smelling disgusting. My mum looked absolutely shocked. He was holding a green beer bottle and almost falling over. The first words that came out of his most were horrible and offensive. He said something along " Get your ass over here whore " Towards my own mother. My mum shouted at him

" Get your fucking disgrace out of this house or I'm calling the police! You look absolutely vile. If one more word comes out of your homophobic, drunk mouth. We're over, go and stay at a motel till you've sorted yourself out! ''

She walked over to him with her fists held right and pushed and pulled him out the door, then locked it. I looked shocked.  She sat down on the black leather sofa and cried her eyes. I ran to her, sat down and hugged her and sang to her again softly. 

" Darling, I'm so sorry.. I swear to god if he comes back like that again or even fucks with your sexuality. He is long gone. It's not right to bring you up around him.. He is your father but he's suppose to support you through what ever and I guess he's just one of those idiots, I'm so sorry.. You should get to school hun ''

I hugged her tight one more time, kissed her forehead and walked out the door with a tear running down my face, I didn't want my mum to see that I was crying.. I didn't want to make her even more upset.. I walked down the road and saw Adam waiting on the corner, he had earphones in, so I didn't think he'd see me walking or hear me, I just carried on walking towards him.

After I was a few meters away from him, he saw me and took out an earphone. He smiled at me and hugged me, he asked if I was okay. I said I was fine but straight after I said that, he turned to me and said

'' No, your not totally okay, something is wrong.. I know there is, you don't look happy, whats happened ? "

I turned to him as another tear ran down my cheek, he stopped me by my shoulders and wiped it off then hugged me.

'' Baby, please tell me what's up '' 

As we started walking again, I told him everything about my father and what happened this morning and last night. He looked shocked, he said he felt bad for me that my dad was un-sportive of me that I was homosexual. He held my hand and said everything will be okay soon. I just tried to forget about it all, and hugged his hand with mine. I secretly had a little thing for hugging, It made me feel protected. I know my mother likes them, for the same reason. Me and my mother have so much in common, weather as my dad.. literally nothing, he never helps around the house, he's always sitting on the couch watching the TV. Mostly sports channels, like football, darts, rugby and snooker. My favorite sport to watch is basketball, I've never had a try at playing.. I'll probably suck but hey ho. I just forgot and held Adams hand until we was around the corner from school. We both wondered if we would both get any hate today. We walked our separate ways into school and headed to our tutor classes, Adam walked the long way round as I walked the short way, maybe that's why he's late to tutor sometimes.

I arrived in my tutor, it was kind of empty but  I saw another new student in the class. His name was Gerard Way, I walked over to him and greeted him, he seemed like a nice kid, he was polite but he seemed like he was the type who was into music. He was also quite cute to be honest. He sat around the middle of the class, next to where a girl named Lindsey Ballato sat. I pictured them together in a couple way, Lindsey had blonde hair and Gerard's was a bright red, they seemed like they would be a cute couple together if they ever dated. It is High school though, there is still time for them, hehe.

About 10 minutes into tutor time, Adam walked in late. Mr. Alkins shouted in his face and gave him a slip for a 3 hour detention. He walked over to the desk and sat down he wasn't wearing his dark trench coat today, He was wearing a black hooded jumper with long selves, long enough that he was hiding his hands in them, It looked pretty cute.

" Hey, who's the new kid ? "

" Oh, Hey, and his name is Gerard Way, I said hello to him earlier as I came in the room, He seems quite polite. I thought of him and Lindsey together, don't you think they would be a cute couple ? "

Adam smiled at me, nodded and said ''ohhh okay.. and yeah hehe  '' 

We talked about music for the rest of tutor till the bell rang. Adam got up and waited for me, we walked out the door and saw Gerard, he greeted Adam kindly, Gerard seemed interested in both of us. Adam seemed quite surprised that another person was talking to him, even though he was new. The next thing I saw was two popular boys walk past and shout '' HUH.. GAII '' They threw a book right at Adams head. Gerard soon asked if he was okay.

'' Do you get that allot ? .. I used to get allot of that but I got called ' emo ' because I'm in a band and apparently my hair is not normal.. Eh, Fuck the haters Adam, their trying to kill every part of you and destroy what is alive in you, Don't let them take the light behind your eyes. Their not worth anything. ''

'' Thanks Gerry..Can I call you that ? Kinda shortens it. ha.. Thanks anyway man '' Adam Replied

'' Yeah sure hah, and no problem, here to help, no matter what. '' Gerard said.

Gerard walked off to his lesson, staring at his map. Me and Adam walked to design and Tech.