Ugly Words

I was always a popular kid, the one with the biggest, nicest, and fanciest house. I played piano and guitar all the time. I always had friends over because my parents were always at work. My mom is a lawyer and my dad is too. They run Beverly Law and Supply. They love me with every bit of their hearts! I started liking a boy named Austin in 8th Grade. Austin Grey was the most popular boy in high school. I'm in the 10th grade now, but every time I see his face I smile and blush. It started in December when a girl pushed me into the snow when everyone started bullying me. Unfortunately Austin was one of those people.

I woke up and got ready for school. I put my Sperrys on and my blue spring dress. I loved dressing up. "Emily!" My mom yelled, "We're going to be late!". I hurried down the hall and up the stairs. I grabbed my books from the long room and ran to the kitchen and grabbed my phone. Hannah and Megan texted me like 50 times each all night! I locked my screen because I felt my mom behind me. She sighed "What kind of drama are you in between now?" She asked like a snob. That's the only problem I have with my mom she acts like she is better than everyone because we have money. "I'm not in any kind of drama. It was Hannah telling me about her ACT scores." I said matter of factly. "What did she get?" She asked. "A 26." I answered waiting for a rude comment. "Huh. I made a 39! I doubt she gets a scholarship. Well her dad is a doctor he could pay for her college." She said. "Yeah, he can." I said. She grunted and said "Well lets get going. Joby! Come on we're leaving!" My mom yelled to my 6th grade brother. He came running down the steps with his iPhone in his hand and is golden blonde hair flying. We got into the car. "I have such a busy day ahead of me!" My mom complained. Joby said he did to. "Joby aren't you going to football this evening?" My mom asked. He nodded and said yea. "Your father will have to take you." She said. "Mom!" I yelled as I grabbed the steering wheel and put us out of dodge from the ten wheeler. "Can you watch where your going?!" I said loudly. "Sorry honey I'm just really stressed." She said. My mom has been really stressed and she has been depressed. Dr. Kwaln had her on a bunch of medication too. We dropped my brother of at the middle school and headed for the high school which was 2 blocks away. Once we got there I stepped out onto the sidewalk and mumbled "Another day in hell." My mom yelled bye and I walked away as she took off for work. I saw Austin with his girlfriend. Anna Merry. She is so freaking perfect with her strawberry blonde hair and perfect clothes. All I had was brown curly hair and blue eyes. I ran into school when the bell rang. "Late again Ms. Emily!" Mrs. Tearalicky yelled as I walked into 1st block. I closed my eyes and sighed. "Sorry. My mom was running late." I explained. "Well take a seat!" She yelled. I searched desperately for a seat. It was science so there was 2 seats at each table. The only seats available were beside Austin or Luke, my ex. I sat beside Austin keeping my distance hiding my face from him into the curls of my hair. He leaned forward trying to see my face. I turned completely away from him. "Okay everyone discuss it with your partner!" The teacher yelled. What? Wait what! I didn't pay attention! I should've sat with Luke!