Forgotten

It's been a month since I've seen Austin. I still remember his number though. I got up for school and changed into my red keds and let my hair stay down. I put on a red flower shirt and black skinny jeans. I ate some rice krispys and grabbed my phone. Joby came down stairs and saw me. "I talked to Austin." He said quietly. "Okay?" I said. He sat there trying to think of what to say. "He misses you alot sis." He finally said. "Joby it's hard." I said and hugged him. We headed to the bus. It's been a while since Joby has been here. He has been living with dad. I sat alone on the bus, listening to music. At Austin's stop I looked down and texted. He almost sat with me but didn't. Thankfully I got to school without anyone sitting with me. In science I sat down at the only empty table. I looked around and saw Austin was no where in the class. There was also no seats left besides the one beside me. Panic rushed through me. "Bethany can you switch me seats?'' I asked. "Sorry but I want to sit here." She said. I looked down as the door opened and grabbed my hair and bit it. He looked around and sat beside me. He scooted far over from me. "Now Eliza hand out the clay and Mac hand out the liquid. Once you get your materials get started!" The teacher yelled. How could this day get any worse? They got to our table and I didn't even look at Austin. I got started and finished by myself luckily. I could see hurt on Austin's face. I felt like pulling him in but couldn't. I closed my eyes and bit my lips holding in tears. Right as class was let out I said,"You asked for this....I didn't.". I grabbed my stuff and rushed out. I waited for the lunch bell and was so glad to hear it. I ate outside at a picnic table. My friends Megan and Isaac sat with me. Austin walked by staring at me. He was with Jerome and Noah and they winked at me. I blushed and looked at Isaac. "So what was you score?" I asked trying to start a conversation. "A 7! Luckily my mom won't ever know about it." He said pulling out a burnt piece of paper. I laughed. Megan was staring at something behind me. I looked behind me to find Austin's whole table looking over at mine. I turned quickly. "Why do you take that crap?" Isaac asked me. "It's complicated." I said and I grabbed my tray and threw my trash away and left. On the bus I talked to Joby. Until Austin interrupts our conversation. "Hey bud." He said. I sighed and turned around in my seat and put my earbuds in. He didn't give up. This time he sat next to me and started poking me. I started laughing and smacking at him.