Chapter 3

~ Chapter Three ~

Sadly, I knew I couldn't lay on my bed all day with a blank stare. I'd have to get ready, go to school, and survive the day. There's only one good thing about going to school today...not having to see Kris.

Kris doesn't go to my school. He goes to John I. Jackson High School. Thank god. I don't think I would be able to speak with him, as I normally would have.

You see...me and Kris had a pretty good relationship. He was my best friend. Practically my only friend. We cuddled, we laughed, and he always made me feel good about myself. Now, I'm not sure if I can talk to him like he's my best friend anymore.

Out of no where, I heard my mother scream from down the hall, rudely interrupting my train of thought, screaming, "Stephanie, you think it might be about time you get up?"

"Maybe, I don't know." I yelled to her sarcastically.

"Just get up!"

I grabbed my school uniform and my toothbrush, and rushed down the hall to beat my sister, Heather, to the bathroom. She always manages to take hours in there. It's like she cakes on thirty pounds of makeup on her face and then starts all over again.

Once I reached the end of the hall, I hesitated to twist the door handle. I slowly turned the handle, and I was screwed. The door was locked, and steam from her shower was already coming out from under the door. I knew it'll be another two to three hours before she comes out of there.

I jumped over the railing of the staircase and ran to the bathroom down stairs. As if my morning wasn't getting any better, I saw my mom just starting to shut the bathroom door. I squirmed my foot between the door, and slammed the palm of my hand on the door, trying to force it open.

As my own mother was trying to slam the door on me, I managed to mutter, "Mom, don't you love me? Remember me? Your beautiful, innocent, willing to do anything for you right now, daughter Stephanie."

"Trust me I remember you, and love you. But, at this moment I'm loving this bathroom a little more."

I couldn't believe I could be easily replaced by a damn bathroom. Not at all wanting nor willing to give up, I said, "Oh mom. Please please please. I'd be the luckiest kid in the world if you'd... GET OUT!!!"

After that remark I just made, she managed to shut the door right in my face. But she better not be complaining about me coming home with suspension because I was late again.