Kayla Meets World

KAYLA'S POV

I'm currently laying on my sister's bed reading my book. Maya and Riley's sitting on the window seat. Maya wants to take Maya to the subway.

"Why do we have to sneak out of the house if we're not doing anything wrong until we sneak onto the subway?" Riley asked Maya. I turned the page.

"You think you're ready to just walk by your parents?" Maya asked Riley.

"I think I'm ready" I looked up from my book and at my two best friends.

"Let me see your face as you walk by your parents" Riley made this face that crossed with 'I'm hiding something' and 'Please don't ask'

"Why are you making that face at us, Riley?" Maya asked.

"Because I'm sneaking out to the subway" Riley said, then she point out the window.

"Out the window" Riley added.

"Let's go" Maya and Riley started going out the window.

"Why are you smarter than me?" Riley asked as Maya and Riley crawled back in, they walked over to the bed and sat down.

"Here's what I'm thinking. It's not your world yet. It's still my world. Because if it was your world, Maya would have you on the subway already, thinking you put something over on me. But you didn't. Know how I know? Look at you. You're right here" Dad said.

"Wait, why didn't you follow them?" Dad asked me.

"Been there, done that" I told him and picked up my bag.

"How long do I have to live in my father's world?" Riley asked Maya and myself.

"Until you make it yours. Riley, do you know what I want more than anything? Go ahead. Make it yours" Dad said.

"I will. And when I do, will you still be there for me?" Riley asked dad, looking up at him with her Bambi eyes.

"Right here, we'll be right here" I heard mum tell Riley. Maya and Riley linked arms, Maya linked her arm with mine and we left.

Once we got to the subway entrance, Riley froze. I patted Maya's arm and walked down the stairs, I smiled at the people that I know.

"Hey Dweezil" I smiled at the subway drummer.

"Hey Kayla, you alone today?" Dweezil asked me.

"Na, Maya and my sister are coming. It's my sister's first time down here" I told him.

"I'm pretty sure I'll know which one she is" Dweezil said.

"Yep, she's the weird one. But I love her... and here they come. Start playing" I told him. He started playing, Maya started dancing.

"Dweezil!" Maya pointed at Dweezil.

"Maya! Who's the new chick?" Dweezil winked at me.

"Chick! Down here I'm a chick! No wonder my parents don't want me on the Subway" Riley said to us. I rolled my eyes.

"See ya Dweezil" I waved to the drummer and started walking.

"You're slouching, Maya" Gretchen told Maya.

"Thanks Gretchen" Maya said, did a pose and started walking off. Riley coped. We got on the train, Riley started applying lip gloss. I raised my eyebrows.

"Woah, Riley, you don't do lip gloss" Maya said.

"Oh! What I forgot to mention is that I'm completely reinventing myself. I ride the Subway now, I have kiwi lips now, and I'm just as cool as you now!" Riles said, I chuckled a little bit. Maya looked over Riley's shoulder.