Kayla Meets Maya's Mother

Today is my first day back from being sick... I had tonsillitis and then my fever started stuck around and 2 weeks later I'm back. God I hate being sick only because I know I missed a lot from school. But I'm back and I'm ready to learn... not.

Maya, Riley and I are sitting in art working on our work when Farkle walked in wearing a rode.

"Why draw fruit? Let's draw a real work of art. That's right. Check out 48 pounds of nasty" Farkle said.

"No!" Maya, Riley and I called out while cover our eyes.

"Well, looky here. The male... Physique" Ms. Kossal said with a slight chuckle.

"Why aren't we drawing Lucas?" Riley asked Ms. Kossal. Ms. Kossal looks at Lucas and he smiled.

"Nobody looks like that. Get use to this. Get used to it right now. When drawing a "Farkle", start with the eyes" Ms. Kossal told us.

"I think the eyes should go straight to the gun show" Farkle flexed his imaginary muscles. I started drawing a cartoon picture of Farkle, you know those big head, small body type of cartoons.

"Um you're supposed to be concentrate on the eyes Maya, Kayla" Riles told us.

"No can do. I don't listen" I told Riles.

"See you know what my problem is? I don't listen. By the way you're Lucas" Maya said, I looked over at Riley's work. She looked down at her work and smiled at Lucas.

"Oh well, that's the first time I've ever done that" Riley lied. Maya flipped the page and I saw a bowel of Lucas' face. She's got it bad.

"Do I need help?" She asked us.

"Afraid you do my poor innocent sister" I told her.

"Alright, I know these are works in progress, but let me see where we are" Ms. Kossal told us. I finished off the hair and ignore Riley and her talk about Paris, there is no way I will ever go to Paris.

"Wow that's some cartoon work Kayla" Ms. Kossal told me.

"Thanks Ms." I smiled up at her.

"Maya, Kayla, there's a school exhibit coming up. I want one of your pieces in it" Ms. Kossal told us.

"No! I mean I'm not that good" I started freaking out. I don't like people seeing my work, I hate being judged. I got up and ran out, I ran around the corner and bumped into dad.

"Aren't you supposed to be in Art?" Dad asked me.

"Sorry dad, I had to get out" I told him weakly. Dad walked me into his class.

"What's going on?" Dad asked m.

"Ms. Kossal want me to put in one of my cartoon drawing in the school exhibit" I told him looking down.

"Is that why you ran out?" Dad asked me. I nodded my head.

"You know I don't like anyone looking at my work. It's just a hobby" I told him.

"Then tell Ms. Kossal that you don't want any of your work in the exhibit and explain" dad told me.

"I kinda yelled at her" I said disappointed in myself.

"Oh, maybe your mother can help you with this" dad told me. I sighed and walked out, I walked to my locker and got my bag out.

"Hey what's wrong?" Mike asked me.

"Ms. Kossal" I told him.

"Oh the exhibit. Lucas told me about it" Mike told me.

"She's still going through with it" I told him.