Kayla Meets Father

"Look at that ninth-grade woman! She's putting on makeup. We're going to be ninth-grade women someday!" Riley said.

"This thing goes to ninth grade?" Maya and I asked.

"Why that?" Riley pointed to Allison. We looked over and putting on eye liner.

"Brings out your eyes" Maya said.

"Why would I wanna take out my eyes?" Riley asked me. I jumped when I felt arms wrap around my waist.

"What's going on?" Mike asked me.

"Riley and makeup" I told him.

"And I think she is" Riley added. I rolled my eyes.

"It's an eyelash curler. It doesn't even hurt" Allison help out the eyelash curler.

"Watch this" Maya said.

"I have eyelashes" Riles said and clamps the curler on her eyelashes.

"Ahhhhh!" Riley screams in pain.

"Anybody else would stop" Maya said to Allison.

"Open it" Dad told Riley.

"Thanks daddy" Riley smiled at dad.

"Yeah, okay. Hands off my daughter Mr. Anderson" Dad pointed to Mike. Mike raised his hands in surrender.

"Yeah, okay" Riley said handing Allison her eyelash curler back.

"Ladies" Farkle said as he walked up.

"Farkle" Maya, Riley and I said.

"School dance. I'm gonna put you both down for Dance Numbers one through all of them. We will alternate. You and me, me and you. When you're not dancing with me, you may not dance with anyone else. So you may sit and wait until you dance with me again" Farkle told us.

"Yeah, none of this is happening" Maya said.

"Plus Mike's talking me"

"Well, may I have one dance with each of yous?" Farkle asked.

"Sure" Riley said.

"Ha! That's all I wanted. You just got played by Farkle" Farkle said and walked off. I shook my head.

"Hey guys" Lucas said as he walked up.

"Lucas!" Riley raised her hand.

"Hand" I told her.

"Lucas" She said loudly.

"Grown up voice" Maya reminded her.

"Lucas, hello" Riley said.

"Hey" Lucas smiled.

"Hey, yeehaw. You going to Tick-Tock Shake Your Body Time, cause, you know, it's not a square dance, so, not gonna be a whole lot of do-si-doing" Maya said to Lucas.

"Well then, I'm sure I'll have no idea what to do and you can make fun of me" Lucas said.

"You're not playing this right" Maya said as she pointed at Lucas.

"Oh well that's certainly not my intention. I'll try harder next time" Lucas said.

"I will break you" Maya told Lucas.

"Well, if that's what makes you happy, then. I certainly can't wait for it, ma'am" Lucas tips an imaginary hat. Maya shudders in annoyance and turns away.

"You going to the school dance Lucas?" Riley asked.

"Thought I would, you?" He asked her.

"(Makes a gagging sound, and Riley turns around) you hear me? ''(Makes the sound again)You'll both be there. He'll be the one in a cowboy hat going like this. (Does a dance)" Maya said. The bell rings. I giggled and pulled Mike along as we went to class.