Rose

Chapter 1,

I started panting as I ran faster through the dense forest. Just a few more feet, I thought. Hold on. I knew I shouldn't have left home, but I did anyway. Looking behind me I saw four dark figures chasing me. Sucking in a deep breath, I jumped up and flipped forwards. It took only milliseconds for my molecules to spread apart, and make me invisible, but it felt like forever. The moment my feet hit the ground again, I started running full speed towards home.

"I swear to God if you bastards chase me all the way home, I will rip your brains out!" I screamed.

"You stinkin' brat, where did you go?!" One of them yelled.

I knew better than to reply, if they couldn't see me they might lose my trail. After a minute I saw my Poppy, my best friend, waiting for me and looking nervous. Just a little more, Rose! I thought, speeding up and flipping again, making myself visible. Just when I thought I was in the clear I heard Jet, the King, call my name, and he started running towards me. I knew he would expect me to be bowing before he got there so I did a sort of baseball slide onto our territory, and got on my knees.

About half a second after I got down, Jet appeared. "What did I tell you about sneaking off, Rose?" He questioned.

"That if I did I should be careful?" I asked hopefully.

"That it's against the law!"

"A law that was set back when the tribe was made!"

"It is still our law!"

"Fine, but I refuse to follow it! I don't care about my

punishment! And as my brother, you of all people should understand why!"

"The law isn't to blame for..."

"Of course the law's to blame! Mom followed the law all her life, and look where it got her!"

"I don't have time for this today, now as your punishment for leaving, and breaking the law yet again, you will show our newest member around, teach him the ropes so to speak."

"Fine, as long as he's not a total noob like the other one was."

I looked up, but he was already gone. I jumped to my feet, and brushed my black and deep-purple highlighted hair back.

"Are you the alpha's younger sister?" a sweet, almost musical voice asked.

"Who wants to know?" I asked.

"Names Roman. I'm new, and your brother told me to find the chick with purple highlights and golden eyes."

"No way in hell did Jet say chick. Take it from someone who's spent her whole life with him."

"Oh, so you are his sister. Well it's nice to meet you-"

I held up my hand, and glared at him, "No, it's not nice to meet me, and I don't wanna be your babysitter, so keep up, or get lost, 'cause I'm not interested. I don't follow the rules, and no matter what the laws saw, I don't serve any man."

"Yo chill, I don't like the rules anyway. So what you do for fun around here?"

I smirked, and flipped forwards making myself invisible again. Once I was sure he couldn't see me anymore, I ran over to Poppy, and grabbed her arm making her invisible as well. We had been invisible together before, and we had found out that if you're both invisible, you're actually visible to each other.

"I so love that you're my bff!" Poppy squealed, "Your super powers are so totally awesome!"

"I've told you before, they're not super powers. The term is genetic gift." I laughed matter-of-factly.

"What ever, I'm just happy you picked me as your bff, although I guess it's just cause you don't follow any of the laws."

"Yup, now pick up the pace or new dude will find me."

She closed her eyes, and focused for a second, trying not to trip over anything.

"His name is Roman, he was a lone, but someone named, the... Rebel? I don't know I can't get a reading on him. That's weird."

She opened her eyes, and started running in time with me again. Poppy was gifted, just like me. She could see into people's minds, their deepest thoughts, and most secret memories. Trust me it can be a total pain in the butt when you try to keep secrets from her. The fact that she can't get a reading on this punk made me hate him even more.

My brother may not be a great judge of character, but I am, and there is no way this Roman guy is getting anywhere near my family. Even if I have to take him down myself.