Part 8 - 'Til The End

"Please, please, please..." Jensen muttered under his breath as he looked around the airport, hoping to see the beautiful face of the love of his life. The hope that shone in his eyes was slowly starting to fade as the minutes ticked on.

Jared eyed his best friend with a look of disappointment mixed with sorrow. Maybe they were too late.

Their eyes were glued to the guard as she came back with sad eyes. She gave a small shake of her head and Jensen sucked in a breath.

He was frozen. His entire world was frozen. He was a jerk and he missed his chance. You were gone.

He wanted nothing more than to just feel numb. He wished for anything, anything, than the feeling he had in his chest right now. His heart was missing. It was pulled out of him. The sad thing was, he thought you didn't even care enough to take it with you.

-
--
You felt the rumbles and vibrations as the plane took off. You always loved that part, it was something you always looked forward to as a child. Not even this could take away the feeling inside of you. It was aching. God, you didn't even know how much you loved the man until he was gone.

You turned on your phone, going to play some music to get your mind off things. You scrolled through the songs, unable to decide. Pressing shuffle, you plugged your earbuds in and the world out.

The first song.

The very first song your playlist shuffled to.

It was the song Jensen would sing to you during those sleepless nights. Whether it'd be over the phone or in real life, his sweet voice always seemed to lull you to sleep.

You let out a shaken breath, skipping the song. As your thoughts zoomed through your brain, tears trickled down your cheeks. Your eyelids squeezed shut and it was becoming harder to breathe. You couldn't swallow the knob in your throat and the weight on your shoulders only got heavier.

This was torture.

--

Jensen's jaw was set tight as he walked into work. The terrible feeling still lingered in his stomach and made him feel queasy. It's been two weeks since you left.  Neither Jared or him has spoken much about it since they left the airport. It hurt too much.

Jensen turned on his phone, sucking in a breath when he laid eyes on his screensaver. You were standing on your tiptoes, trying to give him a kiss on the cheek, but you couldn't reach. He was laughing in the picture, looking at his short girlfriend. He didn't have the heart to change it, even though you were gone. Jensen felt his chest tighten and he soon found himself opening up his photo album app. He scrolled through the many, many pictures the two of you took together. The ones of you and him at the carnival, the ones of you two goofing off on set, even the hundreds of selfies you took on his phone when he wasn't looking.

His eyes watered, but he squeezed them tight and turned off his phone. Right as he slipped it in his pocket, he got a phone call from an unknown number.

--

"Cut!" Your director, Joss, called, putting an end to the staged punches you were throwing.

You panted, looking to you co-stars then to Joss, giving him a questioning look. 

"Come on, Y/N, you're not putting your all into this." He said, giving a sigh.

"Sorry." You muttered, running a hand through your hair. "Sorry, it's just been really-"

"It's about Jensen, isn't it?" He asked, giving you a small, sad smile.

You let out a breath, closing your eyes as you bit your lip. "I miss him so much."