Chapter Eight - Kikyo

Hey guys, so in case you didn't read the disclaimer or whatever it's called, I'm pulling bits of pieces from each episode, so they're not technically in order. Sorry about that OCD people. Anyway, I'll ,et you get back to the story now!!!!!
---------------------------------------------------
------------------------------------------------------------
I think her name was Kikyo.
At least, that's what Inuyasha called her when we were back at Tōtōsai's forge. Now that I knew the story, I could see the resemblance between Kagome and Kikyo. And that also meant Kikyo was a corpse living on the souls of others.
"Lady Kikyo!" Someone exclaimed. A boy, maybe eleven, ran up to us with an odd metal cleaver on his belt. He stopped when he saw me.
"Help me get her somewhere dry Kohaku." Kikyo ordered. I was about to say that it wasn't raining, but right as I opened my mouth, it started sprinkling. I quickly shut my mouth as Kohaku and Kikyo led me to the nearest village. We managed to get a room right as the storm hit.
"Who is she?" I heard Kohaku whisper to Kikyo. I was supposed to be sleeping, but I didn't exactly trust them even though I knew that Kohaku was Sango's little brother and Kikyo and Inuyasha once had a thing for each other.
"I'm not entirely sure," Kikyo said. I guess she thought I was asleep. "She's different though. I can't since a demonic aura on her yet she saved Kagome from a fall that would have killed any normal human being." She continued.
"Do you think she's a spirit?" Kohaku asked.
"No. I do find it interesting though." Kikyo said.
"What?"
"Earlier today, before Naraku attacked, Inuyasha was in pain for a split moment. Inuyasha clearly felt pain in his leg, back, and head. And this girl seems to be suffering from those exact injuries." She explained.
"Do you think they're linked somehow?" Kohaku asked.
"It entirely possible," she agreed. "You should rest Kohaku. I believe tomorrow is going to be a hard day." Kikyo said. After a few minutes, I could hear Kohaku's heavy breathing, meaning he had fallen asleep. I just had to wait for Kikyo to fall asleep. Then I could get away.
"I know you're awake," I froze, hesitating to sit up. Against the pain, the sat up and looked at the priestess.
"I'm not linked to Inuyasha if that's what you're wondering." I stated. She smiled.
"I wasn't going to ask that. I was going to ask for your name, seeing as you already know mine." She said. Her positive attitude was both welcoming and creepy.
"It's Azami." I stated flatly. She nodded and looked down at her hands.
"Now, shall we look at your injuries?" She asked, looking back up. I shook my head quickly.
"I'll heal soon." I stated. The pain in my head was already gone. All that was left were the bruises on my back and the slight throbbing pain in my leg.
"I see," Kikyo said. "You should probably get some rest Azami. People say they feel faster when they are well rested." She said, lightening the mood. I hesitated before lying back down, my back to the dead priestess. I didn't trust either or the strange people. I mean, Kikyo was some walking corpse and so was Kohaku! Even if he had a jewel share or whatever, he had died and now he was alive once more. Why didn't the dead ever just stay dead?
--------------------------------------
--------------------------------------------
Sesshomaru's POV
I had lost her again.
She had been so close. Had I been faster, I could have caught up to her. I had some questions for the strange girl because the conclusions I was coming up were making no sense. At least she was no longer around that priestess Kagome or Inuyasha, his unworthy half brother.
My eyes wandered along the rolling hills. He glanced behind him at Rin and Jaken. Rin was singing a song about Jaken being short while Jaken argued with her. Sesshomaru let his gaze leave them before continuing on his journey.