⋉ nineteen ⋊

a/n: Jake or Luke? :---)

It had been a couple days since I found out about Luke's intentions. We had decided to stay together for a little longer, just to see if we could get either Jake or Jaden to notice us, but if it didn't work within a month or so, we were going to call the whole thing quits.

So currently, I was at lunch with my regular group of people (ie Jake, Jaden, and Mikey), but this time, Luke and Ashton had decided to join us.

When Jake saw Luke and I approaching, his face immediately fell, but I tried not to let it get to me. Instead, I slid into my usual spot beside Jaden and across from Jake, giving him a smile. "Hey! So, Luke and Ash are joining us today. I hope you don't mind!"

Jaden and Mikey just shrugged, carrying on their conversation about what seemed to be hair dye, while Jake eyed Ashton, who had just sat down beside him. "That's fine," he answered, and I smirked when I heard a bit of annoyance in his voice.

Through the whole meal, Luke and I were giggling at each other like high school sweethearts. Luke would ever so often feed me one of his fries, and it was uncharacteristically cute of us, but it seemed to be working. Jake seemed flustered, while Jaden kept telling us to stop giggling like schoolgirls because "frankly, it's not cute".

"Don't be so grouchy," I told him, elbowing him in the ribs as Luke nuzzled my cheek.

I turned my head and kissed him sweetly, and heard Jake sigh. I bit my lip to stop myself from smirking.

"You guys are being really cuddly today," Ashton pointed out, looking up from his phone. "What's up?"

"Why should anything be up?" Luke asked, raising his eyebrows. "I'm allowed to be cute with my boyfriend."

Out of the corner of my eye, I could see Mikey rolling his eyes. We were successfully annoying all of them, and I was taking that as a good thing.

"Hey, Cal," Jaden piped up, and both Luke and I turned to look at him. "Would you help me put up some posters on my wall later, after class? You're taller than me."

"Luke's pretty tall, he should come help!" I suggested, and I heard Luke sigh softly. I placed my hand over his, which was hanging over my shoulder, and squeezed it gently.

"Yeah, sure." Jaden shrugged, going back to his food. And that was the end of that.

"It's alright," I murmured to Luke, low enough for only him to hear. "He'll come around."

He gave me a tight lipped smile before kissing my cheek.

------

After lunch, we headed back to Luke's room. The two of us kicked off our shoes and sat down on his bed before he chuckled, "I can't believe we actually did that."

"It was kinda fun," I admitted. "Everyone was getting so annoyed."

"Yeah," Luke agreed, looking over at me. The two of us were sitting us with our backs against the headboard, legs extended out in front of us. "We'd be a good couple. Too bad feelings never work the way they should, hunh?"

I nodded, rolling my eyes. "Feelings ruin everyone's life."

At that, he let out a loud laugh, even though it really wasn't that funny. "That is true."

We were silent for a moment, before he asked, "Do you think this is going to work?" His voice was lower, a serious tone clouding the words.

I looked over at him to find him already looking at me. "I hope so. And if it doesn't, well... Fuck them, I guess."

"What are we gonna do if it doesn't work out?"

I shrugged. "Dunno."

"Cause, like, I fuckin love your lips," he stated truthfully, before cracking a smile. "And I mean, you're a pretty cool guy, but-"

Rolling my eyes, I shut him up by kissing him. He immediately responded, sliding a hand into my hair and biting my bottom lip. He moved over so that he was straddling my lap, our lips connecting and disconnecting seamlessly. I gripped his hips, pulling his body into mine, and he gasped. Luke's lips tugged at my lower lip, causing me to squeeze his hips. I pulled away from our make out session to trail kisses down his neck, earning myself a groan from him. I left a hickey right where his neck met his shoulders, a place that he always had exposed.

He tugged at my hair, bring me back to his lips, and we resumed our kisses. We were too engrossed in the feeling of our bodies pressed together to notice Luke's phone buzzing furiously on the bed, angry text after angry text lighting up the small screen.

Jaden :) [wed, 1:43pm]: you were just crying over him

Jaden :) [wed, 1:43pm]: and now you guys can't keep your hands off each other??

Jaden :) [wed, 1:43pm]: youre making a mistake Luke

Jaden :) [wed, 1:44pm]: doesnt he like Jake anyways?

Jaden :) [wed, 1:44pm]: youre both dumbasses.

a/n: 5SOS are in my city and the poster for their show is a tiger which is my most favourite animal ever, this just seems like a cruel prank tbh