Chapter Seven

Today was just another regular day back at the office, back to a stress-filled job. Eliza came to work early that day and had already settled into her work, focused on case files.

Sonny walked into the office with a bright smile, practically beaming with joy. "Hey Eliza," Sonny patted her back before he walked over to his desk right across her.

"Morning Carisi," Eliza responded in monotone, not even glancing up from her computer screen. She barely even gave him a smile. Did I do something wrong? Sonny thought to himself.

"So I heard of this really good diner uptown with like the best burgers. I'm thinking we should go there for lunch?" He asked.

"Sorry, I'll gonna have to pass on that offer. I'm stumped with all this paper work," Eliza responded, looking down at some paper she was reading. It's like she wasn't even acknowledging his existence.

"Oh-okay. It's cool. I understand," Sonny mumbled, deciding it was probably time to actually start working. They were still on a case, trying to crack down on a local pimp last seen in Brooklyn.
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

The next few days didn't change. Eliza had been drifting farther and farther apart from Sonny. She didn't meet up with him in the mornings like she always did to grab a coffee, she didn't greet him with her usual warm smile that made his day; it was like she just didn't even want to work with Sonny anymore. Or at least, that's what he had assumed.

Everyone else had noticed it too. Even Olivia started questioning the odd behavior.

Nevertheless, Sonny decided that it was probably just a one night stand and that Eliza didn't feel the same way he felt about her. But no matter how hard he tried to push away his feelings, he just couldn't.

"Hey Carisi, are you listening?" Olivia called out sternly, snapping Sonny out of his thoughts.

"Uh yeah totally," he nodded, sitting up in his seat.

"Oh really? Can you repeat what I just said then?" she raised a brow.

"You know, I suddenly just forgot. Could you remind me?" He smiled nervously, his face reddening in embarrassment.

"Right," Olivia nodded, "So you and Chapman are going undercover at the brothel up in Cypress. Apparently, our pimp Mendoza is going to be there tonight. And don't worry, we'll all have backup for you two outside."

"What am I going undercover as? A prostitute?" Eliza smirked.

"Yes. That's exactly who you're going to be. And Carisi will be your client so try to make it convincing," Olivia suggested.

"But won't they know something's up? Especially since they haven't seen me before?" Eliza raised a brow.

"We've got the mother of the brothel in on it too. Plus, I'll be there as well undercover," Olivia assured, "You just have to worry about making sure Mendoza doesn't try anything. You two are my back up on the inside."
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Usually Sonny loved going undercover, pretending to be the bad guy and all. Except now.

"Are you just going to stand there all night like idiots? People are going to start getting suspicious if you don't play your part," Olivia warned as she passed by them, smiling the whole time.

"Right uh, sorry sarge," Sonny apologized covertly and faked a smile so no one would think something was up. Olivia nodded and went back to conversing with other strangers, playing her role.

This had been probably the most awkward experience for the two. He glanced over at Eliza, who stood awkwardly in a tight black dress that reached way above her knees and tall black heels, causing her to reach up almost to his height, but he was still taller.

"What are we supposed to do?" Eliza furrowed her eyebrows.

Sonny leaned over to her ear, whispering, "Pretend I said something funny."

He slowly pulled away, faking a smile and she started to giggle, playing along. "Are you always this charming to ladies honey?" She giggled and playfully hit his shoulder.

"How about you give me a lap dance sweetheart and maybe then I can show you how charming I could be?" Sonny smirked slyly, using his talents at acting. Olivia did say to play the part.

"Sure cutie," Eliza took his hand and pushed him down onto a chair, "Just sit down and enjoy the show."

Sonny laid his hands on the armrest, trying to hide an obvious grin. He knew she was just acting, but he had to admit, she was doing quite a convincing job at it.

Suddenly, there was a knock at the door. Music still blared through the speakers of the room and everyone was fixated on their own businesses. Olivia walked over to the door and opened it, greeted by Mendoza.

"Who the fuck are you?" the pimp asked. Five girls stood behind him in skimpy outfits and tousled hair.

"She's with me," the mother of the brothel, Tania walked over beside Olivia. "We needed some extra help around here since you don't pay me enough."

"It's nice to meet such a fine man like yourself," Olivia faked a smile, causing Mendoza to look her up and down with a slight smile.

"Thank you," he nodded and went inside, along with his prostitutes.

"He's in," Eliza whispered to Sonny as she was still grinding him. "Text Rollins to call on the back up."

Sonny nodded with a slight frown, disappointed that the moment had been over so quickly. He reached over to his pocket and grabbed his phone, texting Amanda.

Before they knew it, Olivia was latching handcuffs around Mendoza, "Christopher Mendoza, you are under arrest. You have the right to remain silent. Anything you say can and will be used against you in the court of law..."

Eliza quickly stood up, "who called the cops?"

"Hey! What happened to my lap dance?" Sonny rolled his eyes. Suddenly, their back-up came barging in.

Amaro walked over to Sonny with a clear smirk on his face, "Get down on the ground!"

Sonny held his hands up in surrender, "Hey I didn't do anything! I was just chatting is all."

"Sure, that's what they all say," Amaro said aloud as he handcuffed Sonny and led him out. Eliza soon followed, handcuffed by Fin.