50: Preston gets a happy ending...?

(Sorry Shorter Chapter)

*Sunday*

Bella

One more day and I have to go see them bury my boyfriend. I convinced my mama and Stella to come with me, they say they ain't have a problem with it but I know how Stella feel about funerals. I for one ain't wanna go, I ain't feel like crying or listening to other people cry and most of all I ain't wanna look at his lifeless body. My mama seems to think that I've been stressing myself out and decided to put me on couch rest for the day. Earlier before she went to work I fainted and she almost took me to the hospital but I woke up just in time and I convinced her to just let me stay home and rest. I was bored out of my mind, Stella was gone somewhere with her lil friend Nayeli and Camden was taking his fifth nap of the day. I was sitting in the living room watching People's Court on WCIU. I've seen this episode a million times, but nothing else was on TV. Luckily I had the greatest friend in the world, Mia came to my rescue. She texted me to buzz her in.

"Hey cutie pie." She greeted me.

"Wassup?" I greeted back.

"I just got off of work...that damn job is stressing me out." She kicked off her shoes.

"Well I mean you getting paid good money." I say noticing her thousand dollar bracelet. "Or do you have a sugar daddy?" I joke.

"Haha absolutely not, I work for everything I own."

"Including that little toy car you be cruising in." I laugh.

"Keep on laughing, I'm glad you feeling better." She smiles and I just shrug. "Come on let's gossip."

"That's all you know how to do." I tell her.

"No but this is all over social media, like Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, hell probably even on MySpace." She jokes.

"Yeah, what is?"

"Preston and Sasha Lambert." I roll my eyes at the unwanted news.

"Yeah I seen dumb and dumber at the mall last Saturday." I state.

"I was surprised they a be just flaunting they relationship all throughout the place like they is, he done took her to every store, restaurant, and movie theater you could possibly think of. Even heard that he done cut off all communication with the outside world for her ass, meaning the infamous womanizer Preston Cape ain't womanizing no more...I find that a little insane, I mean all of that for this wannabe." She showed me some pictures of them coming and going into different restaurants.

"Why people taking pictures of them like they Jay-Z and Beyonce?" I started to get a little jealous.

"Girl they got you and Christian up here too." She flips through some more pictures and stops at this picture that had me and Christian holding hands coming outta the mall. "Yeah y'all would of been some lovely competition.....may he rest in piece now though."

"Yeah.....you think they serious?" I asked.

"Ummm, that's what the world seem to think. I think so too though honestly, if anybody know Preston they know that they don't see him with the same girl at all....and he been with her for weeks now....ion know what he doing on the sneak side but if he wanting to go public with her like this it's gotta be something going on here."

"So Preston's gonna get a happy ending and I don't?"

"Don't think of it like that, you know God don't like ugly and he is definitely the ugliest piece of shit I know, well you know personality wise so he'll get his day." She tries to reassure me but I just keep thinking like what if he don't? What if he gets to be happy while I'm going to forever be suffering from heartbreak. The more important question is what did I do to deserve this? I don't know what these feelings were that was raging inside me, like I was jealous or something.....that's the last thing I needed to be. I knew for a fact that we are NEVER going to be something again, but that didn't mean I wanted to see him happy with somebody else.