Part 1

POV Mitch

Before you begin reading this story, I'd like to get at least one thing straight with you: I love Scott Hoying with all my heart and he's the only man for me.... Don't look at me that way.

I was watching some cheesy romance comedy film on Netflix, cuddling on the couch with my significant other Scott; my head resting on his chest and his arm wrapped around me comfortingly. One thing I loved about us was how well we fit together, like we were made for each other. I leaned up slightly and pecked him on his jaw. He looked down at me lovingly with his winsome smile, rubbing my arm.

With a fond smile I looked down at the engagement ring sitting happily on my right hand. I couldn't help but roll it around my finger. I could barely believe that this was a reality; I found true love with my Mr. Right at just twenty-four. For us it was just easy and natural for us to end up with other. The both of us met in community theatre when we were ten, became instant best friends, were inseparable through everything, we came out together, we were each other's first kiss, and also each other's first and only boyfriend.

That's correct, I've never been in a relationship outside my one with Scott but I didn't mind it one bit. I figured being with anyone else at this point would be unsatisfying, a distraction from who I actually wanted, and just a waste of time.  Scott was absolutely perfect for me, he was always in a positive mood, had a great creative mind, had an amazing singing voice, was compassionate, and to top it all off he had the body of a Greek God. What? Aesthetic is important too, I'm not shallow.

Scott and I were completely happy being together and he was the only one who I wanted to have 'Netflix and chill' with.

----

Later that evening, I walked into Scott's office and found him sitting at the computer. I slowly walked up to him and wrapped my arms around his broad shoulders. He leaned his head back and looked up at me with an amused smile.

"Scotty, I'm bored. Can we go to the bar?" I asked him innocently with big eyes.

Scott frowned. "I'm sorry, Mitchy. I just really have to finish typing these documents," he explained, rubbing the back of his neck.

I pouted, and shoved my hands into my jean pockets. "Fine, I'll stay..."

Scott spun around in his rolling chair to face me. "Why don't you just go with some friends?"

"Okay... but I really wanted to spend time with you," I said in my most sugary sweet voice.

"I'm sorry sweetie. I can go out with you tomorrow."

I sighed in defeat. "Alright. Have fun being boring," I said leaning down to kiss him tenderly but quickly on the lips.

Scott chuckled and shook his head, then went back to work. I spun on my heel and began to walk away. "Love you!" he called after me.

"I love you too," I said before leaving.

I lounged leisurely with an arm propping my head up in the center of our California King Sized bed. I held the phone up to my ear as I waited for Kirstie to pick up.

"Hello?"

"Hey girl," I greeted happily, "I was wondering if you could hang out at the bar with me tonight."