Invitations

(Jasper's POV)
I pounded my fist on the lunch table, rattling Peridot's lunch.
"I can't believe that purple idiot!" I roared, "Thinking she can come in here, stun everybody, and then sit with that hermit?"
Peridot nodded, only half-listening. She was playing some geek game on her hologram. Lapis was checking her Gemstagram. I growled.
"Are you two even paying attention? Are you even offended, for that matter?!"
Silence. Then, they collectively 'no, not really'd' me. I groaned in frustration and shoved half of my pizza slice into my mouth.
(Peridot's POV)
Focus on the game, Peri. You're about to beat your highscore.
But I couldn't. Not with that beautiful blue angel sitting next to me, checking the nothing-but-positive comments on her selfie. Her hair was perfect, her skin was perfect, she was the spitting image of perfection.
"Gems, look," Jasper whispered. She pointed to the gold and purple gem walking gracefully from table to table, stopping to say a few words to everyone.
"Act cool," I vaguely heard Jasper say, so I put my game away and tried to act nonchalant. Lapis stayed put; she always looks cool.
"Hello!" I heard Ametrine say in her low, whimsical voice. "My name is Ametrine. I'm so happy to meet you!"
"Yeah, cool." Jasper said, putting a bored air to her voice. Lapis waved without looking up, and I nodded at her.
"If my sources are correct, you would be the well-known trio composing of Jasper, Peridot, and Lapis, correct?"
Jasper nodded.
"I just wanted to know if you three had any events tonight. I am holding a housewarming celebration, if you are at all interested." She smiled calmly, already knowing the answer.
"Sure." Jasper yawned.
"Wait, but what about Aquam-"
"Aqua-who?" Jasper snorted. "This seems a whole lot more important, doesn't it, Lapis?"
Lapis shrugged. I shrank in my seat.
"I simply cannot wait to see you there!" Ametrine squealed. "Farewell!" She walked away.
Jasper grinned. "Now's our chance to win her over!" Jasper cackled.
I gulped.
(Sunstone's POV)
I was a little antsy at lunch, and my friends could tell. I don't know why, but the new gem seemed a bit strange to me. She spoke like she was from the 1800's, wore designer clothes, and to top it all off, she sat by Moonstone. I thought I was the only one who liked her!
Rose glanced at me. "You okay?" She asked, and I shrugged. Suddenly, Ruby and Sapphire crashed next to me.
"Look who finally decided to show up," Amethyst snickered. "too busy making out in the handicapped stall to have lunch with your best friends?"
Sapphire blushed profusely.
"Oh my god, shut up, Amethyst." Ruby laughed and kissed her girlfriend on the cheek.
I sighed. They were perfect together, always together. I don't know how they did it, but they did.
I felt a tap on my shoulder. I turned around, and- oh, great. It was Princess Ametrine.
"Uh, hi?" I said without enthusiasm.
"Good afternoon!" She chorused. "I would like to know if you lovely gems would like to join me for my housewarming celebration, tonight! There will be food, and a pool."
"We're in," Ruby said, squeezing Sapphire's arm. Amethyst, Pearl, and Rose all nodded, and I sighed.
"Okay." I said with a tiny smile. Hey, maybe she invited Moonstone! I could talk to her there. My smile broadened a little bit.
"Splendid! Absolutely wonderful!" She cheered. "I truthfully wish to see you there." She left with a smile, flashing her perfect teeth.
"Who's ready to party!" Amethyst whooped.
I sighed.
*Time Skip*
(Moonstone's POV)
I trudged into the warp pad, envisioning my house. In a beam of light I was there, just outside the stubby building. I was about to walk inside, when the sound of the warp pad going off alerted me.
I turned around, and just as promised, a flowy, long blue gown floated out of the blue light. I smiled and grabbed it from the air. Maybe tonight would go okay, after all.

(A/N, oh my god wtf it has been 9 decades since I updated sorry)