Chapter 3

Garroth's POV

I still can't believe that she's gone. I won't ever be able to believe it. Not now. Not ever.

But I have to take my responsibilities into consideration. It's normal for a person to be upset for a while after a death, but I still can't let my guard down. If Zane really did kill her, and he really told my father, why haven't they attacked yet? I'm sure that it wasn't in self defence that she died, so it must've been to get our guard down, but they should have attacked us.

Okay, I know I sound like I want them to attack us, but I really don't. I am only pointing out that they've made a mistake. Unless they killed her for something else?

I don't know, I don't know anything. But I do know that I need to do my job. And that means checking on Lucinda. I've check on everyone else, so I just have Lucinda left to go see.

I walked in and she was lying, face first on the floor.

"Uhh, Lucinda? Are you okay...?" I cautiously asked. She lifter her head up, just enough for me to see her face.

"Yeah, I have just been working a lot, and I'm a little tired."

"Whatcha working on?"

"An ultra healing/revival potion...for Aphmau..."

".................................................." (BTW that was exactly 50 dots...random facts at the worst possible time.)

"I've noticed how upset everyone's been because of- you know, and I wanted to see if I could help..." She quietly stated.

"...No."

"What...? I thought you wanted her back?" (Everyone else: 'me too')

"I do. More than anything I want her back." I said, "but we don't have her body..." (Ha! Makes more sense right?)

"Oh yeah..."

I really wanted her back. I would give up all of Phoenix Drop, to have her back. I would give up my own life, to have her back.

-----Short Time Skip-----

Zoey's POV

I'm making some chocolate chip cookies for Malachi. I know he's really upset, he just doesn't want to seem like a wino or anything. And even if he did cry, it's normal! HIS [insert word of choice] MOTHER JUST DIED!! FOR GOODNESS SAKE CHILD!! YOU ARE ALLOWED TO BE SAD!

I walked upstairs to see if he wanted to come down, only to find that he had locked his door. I heard loud smashing and crashing from inside. Concerned, I decided to go find Garroth, even if he was still upset. I found him by the docks. I think he had just finished his rounds, but I don't know. It's really not important.

"Hey..." I said, not wanting to startle him. He is in no good fun-and-games attitude.

"Hi..." He responded dully, "How are the boys?"

"Levin is...okay...but Malachi is really upset. Do you think you can talk to him?"

"Yeah, let's go." He got up and started walking towards the purple and white house.

Garroth's POV

I knocked on the door. I had been waiting for a while. But Malachi had been making too much noise to hear me.

"Who is it?" Malachi called through the door. I couldn't tell if he was mad, or sad, but he wasn't happy, that's for sure.

"...It's me, Garroth...Uh, can I come in?"

"The key is under Momma's bed." He must have hidden it there so no one would want to find it. I grabbed the key, even though it was extremely painful to be in her room, and I unlocked the door.

Walking in, I saw that toys were scattered around, and there was a broken cup, that left glass everywhere. Malachi was laying on his bed, facing the ceiling. I locked the door behind me, walked over, and sat on the edge of his bed.

"Don't look at me." He said.

"Malachi, I'm worried about you. You haven't been your usual self lately. I know you're upset, but you have been getting angry at everyone."

"Well, I don't need people's sympathy. Mom once told me that if I smile, things will get better. So I try not to cry."

"I hate to say this, but smiling won't make her come back."

He sat up, but didn't say anything.

"Malachi, it's okay to cry sometimes. It's perfectly okay. I do it, Levin does it, even your mom did it. You're going through a hard time. We all are. You need to know that it's okay to be sad."

He looked up at me, with tears in his eyes.

"I miss her." He started bawling, and I just held onto him, telling him that I was here, and that he would be okay.

Eventually, he fell asleep in my arms, and I put him to bed.
After I left his room, I walked right across the hall to Aphmau's bedroom, and picked up the picture that she had, laying on her pillow. It was of us, Zoey, Malachi and Levin. I picked it up, looked at it, and smiled.

A/N-- Hai! First of all, yes that conversation between Garroth and Malachi was totally inspired by Save Me Lollipop (episode 5?). Such sweet though.

Also, shoutout to lakelover22 because she/he is awesome people.

Other than that, I hope you liked the chapter, and I will see you soon, raccoon! *slaps self for use of second grade phrasing...again.

~Ninja