Gone Part 1

Riley peered out her window. Her new one that overlooked a beach. She had moved to California and was nervous for her first day of school.

Back in New York Lucas walked into the classroom and sat down behind Maya. He had dark circles under his eyes from when he stayed up. Riley had left him. Without a goodbye. He didn't know she had left until Riley called him when she landed in Cali.

()()()

"Hey Princess, what's up?" Lucas asked when his phone rang."

"Lucas.... Don't be mad at me." Riley said her voice wavering.

"I won't. What's wrong?" Lucas asked tentatively and nervously.

"I... Moved."

"What? What do you mean?"

"I moved to California. I'm not coming back to New York." Riley was crying now.

"You just left me?! With out a goodbye?!" Lucas asked angrily.

"Goodbye Lucas." Riley said crying, before she hung up. She put her phone in her pocket, a tear rolling down her face.

Lucas threw his phone down on his bed and ran his fingers through his hair. He groaned, and flopped onto his bed. Lucas wasn't mad she left him without a goodbye. He was mad she didn't tell him she was moving.

()()()

Maya stormed into History and grabbed Lucas's shirt angrily, her breath fanning his face. "YOU KNEW?!" Maya asked, close to yelling. Lucas put his hands up (No it's not a party XD) "I just found out last night! I thought you knew! Cut me some slack!" Lucas said.

"No slack for you Huckleberry." Maya said before releasing him and sitting down. "Loss." Ms.Tethers started. "After the immigrants passed through Ellis Island they were a citizen of the United States, and their family in their previous home suffered the loss of family. Their family and friends were thousands of miles away." Maya looked at Farkle. Farkle looked at Maya blankly.

"Well couldn't the people visit the immigrants?" Lucas asked.

"It would do you some good to raise your hand Mr.Friar. To answer your question: No. It was difficult enough to cross the ocean and cost money that most people didn't have." Ms.Tethers snapped.

Maya felt her vision blur with tears. Had she lost her best friend forever?

()()()

I decided to make this one shot a two parter so stay tuned. Love you and thanks for reading☀️