Chapter 2

"Hey." I say climbing through Riley's window.

"Hi." She says looking up from the homework she was doing. "How was work?"

"Exhausting." I groan throwing myself onto her bed. "It was so crowded today. I'm so tired."

"So why didn't you just go home and sleep?" She asks a bit rudely and I sit up to look at her taken aback by her attitude.

"What you don't want me here?" I ask and she looks up from her work again.

"No of course I want you here. Its just that we have exams soon and I'm studying." She says.

"So you don't want me here." I say getting up and walking back to the window.

"Maya you know that's not what I meant." She says but still climbed back out.

Before leaving I stuck my head back in. "Give me a call when you want me around." I climbed down the fire escape and pulled my phone out of my pocket. I dialed Lucas's number and put the phone to my ear.

"Hey, can I come over?" I ask as soon as he answers.

"Yeah sure." He says, "Zay and Farkle are here by the way." He says.

"Yeah okay. See you in a bit. Bye."

"Door's unlocked."

*-*

Ten minutes later I opened the door to Lucas' house, I could hear voices coming from the living room as I took my shoes off by the door.

"Dude I would kill you if you don't pay up." I hear Lucas threaten from the other room.

"I could take you." Zay's voice follows challenging Lucas.

"No you can't." Farkle complains. "Just pay your stupid money so we can move on."

"The queen has arrived." I make my presence known. "Bow down peasants. "

Lucas and Farkle smile at my behavior while Zay let's out a low chuckle.

"Good you're here, please tell Zay give me my money. " Lucas tells me.

"What money?" I ask sitting next to Lucas.

"He landed on my property and I clearly said rent but he's refusing to pay me."

"I'm surprised you guys are even playing this stupid game considering what happened last time and the fact that you have exams soon. I expected to walk in here and see you and Farkle studying and Zay watching tv and eating everything. " I tell them.

"I don't need to study I know everything." Farkle says proudly.

"I'm taking a break." Lucas says next.

"I'm full." Zay says putting down the monopoly money in his hands.

"Since when are you full?" I teased Zay.

"Since when are you worried about tests?" He teases back.

"I'm not, it's just that I went to see Riley after work and she acted really different with me today and told me it's because she was studying." I explain.

"What do you mean different?" Lucas asks.

"I don't know, rude I guess. She was acting like she didn't want me there or something." I shrug.

"Maybe she's just stressed about the exams." Zay says.

"Yeah that's probably it." Lucas says getting up from his spot next to me. "I'll be right back." He kissed my head before walking up the stairs.