Chapter 43- Never wake up a sleepwalker

^Picture of Justin^

~Justin's POV~

I squinted my eyes open, letting a groan escape my my mouth as my phone continued to blare the sounds of my ringtone on the table beside my bed. Rubbing my knuckled over my eyes, I expected to open them to sunlight and was completely confused when my room was still pitch black, the outside window looking like a replica.

I grabbed my phone and instantly answered it, wanting the noise to go away as soon as possible.

"Hello?" I answered in a groggy voice, not bothering to clear my throat to get rid of the raspiness.

"Justin," Scooter spoke into the phone. "There's been a change in your schedule. I need you at the Good morning America studio at by 9am at the latest."

I scrunched my face up in confusion, running a hand over my face to fully be aware of the conversation I'm currently having.

"What the fuck? I'm in Canada," I answered with furrowed eyebrows. How the hell am I supposed to do a show with Good Morning America when I'm in Stratford?

"I know that. That's why I'm calling you now, so go get ready and be at the airport in fourty-five minutes. There's a private jet waiting for you there, so you're gonna have to park your car in the back and get straight on the jet."

"You really need to get better at these last minute changes," I rolled my eyes, picking myself out of bed. I ran my fingers through my hair, spiking it up as best I could with my bare hands so that it would be out of my face until I had time to properly style it.

He laughed, "call me when you get to the airport. 5:45, got it?"

"Yeah, yeah, I'll be there," I breathed out.

"Alright, I'll see you there," he said and ended the call. I dropped my phone by my side and gave myself a push into the bathroom where I brushed my teeth and threw some water on my face. I gelled my hair up and spiked it how I usually do, perfecting it with my fingers. 

Heading into my closet, I already had an idea in mind of what I'm going to wear. I picked out a gray collar button up shirt and a pair of black jeans, throwing on some red vans as well.

It usually took me about a half an hour to drive to the airport so I decided to head downstairs and get going. On my way out I accidentally slammed my door shut, forgetting it was this early in the morning. My mom wasn't here, but Kayla is and I didn't want to wake her. I nervously stood in my spot for a few seconds and continued on down the stairs when I didn't hear her get out of bed. Not that I would be able to hear, but I don't know I guess its just a habit that I have.

I jogged lightly down the stairs and grabbed a water bottle out of the fridge before heading for the front door.

"Justin?" I heard Kayla's voice from behind me.

Fuck, I thought to myself. Now I feel like shit for waking her up. But most of me was happy that I would at least be able to see her before I leave. I turned around nervously to see her hugging herself with her arms that were wrapped in a blanket, and her hair messy from her sleep. I felt a smile inch up on my face just at the sight of her and I walked over to her.

"Why are you up?" I whispered, adjusting her blanket to cover more of her shoulders. Something about her seemed different, but I didn't know exactly what it was. It was like just by the stance of her she seemed more.. relaxed?

"My mom said breakfast was ready," she answered cutely, tilting her head to the side like a little kid.

"She what?" I narrowed my eyes, not understanding any of what she's saying.