Prologue

September 21st 2003

"Look, Pete, we don't think you're in the right state of mind to be playing with the Libertines."

What the fuck? I'd been brought all the way out here to the studio to be told that I was crazy and that Mick Jones didn't want me. I was like the front man of the libertines- I am Peter Doherty for fucks sake. They can't just kick me out. I told them that.

"Well, we are and until you sort your drug problem you can't continue performing with the libertines."

"Because of my drug problem?" I ask, eyebrows raised.

"Yes. It's becoming publicised far too frequently by the media and your behaviour is getting worse. Its became a problem. We are afraid it will tarnish the bands image, so until it's stopped, Pete, your now removed from the band."

"Right- so I'm no longer a Libertine?"

"No I'm sorry, Pete, but this is how it needs to be." He turned and walked away. I scoffed, Yeah, right. They just don't want me in the band and this is the best excuse they can give. True, my behaviour was a bit unexpected- but I was just trying to liven up the scene. And my drug problem isn't that bad the media are just blowing it way out of proportion. They need to mind their own goddam business, if you ask me. Well, that's that then. Great(!). I've still got "An evening with Pete Doherty coming up with carl- that's if he's still interested. He isn't talking to me, not since I burgled his flat. It wasn't my idea and anyway he deserved it- he went off with Gary and John to play a gig in japan without me. He had it coming- plus I need the cash. I only took a couple of bits and his laptop. Carl's loaded, anyway, so he should have just gave me the cash when I asked him for it.

My trials coming up in a bit for that. My Lawyers ditched me because he knows I can't pay. What a Cunt- just when I need him. Guaranteed I'm going to get time.

Fucking Typical.