Chapter 2

Sorry for the long update, haha. But heres a long chapter that was really hard to write. I wanted it to be a really good meeting, in the end it just spilled out how it is. I hope its good enough for you guys to read. Thanks. Enjoy x

2nd October 2003

23:17

Ah, man. I felt so much better as I sat with my back against the wall in the cubicle, waiting, allowing the Heroin to pass through my body. I leant my head back, closed my eyes, and took a deep breath. I sighed and wiped my face, finally feeling the wet tears staining my cheeks. I hadn't realised I had been crying, I guess I needed the smack more than I realised. I sat up, hid the rest of the brown powder in my pocket, and walked out. I couldn't help but sneak a glance at myself in the mirror. I didn't look very good- I really needed a wash. Not to mention my hair could do with a cut and blow dry. Oh, well, my hat hid it most of the time anyway. I walked out the bathroom door, preparing myself for what would either be the paparazzi or an onslaught of adoring fans wanting an encore. I got neither.

"Hey," she said leaning against the wall. It took me a moment to recognise but I recognised her as the same chick that had handed me my bag and needles. Now I was feeling a lot calmer and far less panicky, I could really appreciate how beautiful she looked. Her hair was a made of brunette curls reaching just past her shoulders, which almost blended in with her black lace mini dress and her black heels. I looked back up at her face to find her mouth had turned up in a smirk and her eyebrows were raised above her turquoise eyes. Like the ocean, I initially thought. I blinked and looked down, I had finally came to my senses and realised that I had been staring at her for far too long.

"It's okay," she said as if reading my thoughts, "I get that a lot."

"Get a lot of what?" I asked, "Attention?"

"Yup, you learn to ignore it and carry on with your life, right?" She smiled at me.

"Yeah," I mumbled: I knew exactly what she meant. I was the front-man of The Libertines and that sort of thing makes you stick out like a sore thumb. I couldn't go anywhere without someone recognising me as Peter Doherty. Even my shitty looks couldn't get me past this girl; she knew exactly who I was.

"Yeah," I repeated. "It's pretty useless."

We both stared facing each other in an awkward silence. I stared at the ground waiting for the embarrassment to go away. Argh, what good is staring at your shoes going to do, Doherty? I had never been embarrassed about a girl before. Who knew it could be so difficult just to look up. Somehow I did. I half expected the girl to have disappeared as if she was a figment of my imagination. Nope, she was still there. I sighed and half smiled in relief. The girl cocked her head as if she was trying to understand me.

"I'm Katie," She told me as she thrust her and towards me. I shook it politely.

"I'm Pet—"

"Doherty." Katie smiled as she cut me off. "But of course, I know who you are."

Of course she does. Fucking. Typical.

"Do you want to chill?" She asked, pulling me toward the bar.

'Chill'? Who talks like that? I wondered...

"Do I have a choice?" I asked. Katie laughed and steered me to a stool in front of the bar. I sat down and Katie shouted over to the bartender, who willingly came over. I quickly looked the other way as he approached, just in case he recognised me for anything I might have done and cannot remember.

"Hey, Matt," I heard Katie say. "You want to get us two Vodka cokes please." I felt her sit down on a stool next to me; she was practically on top of me.