Chapter 5

Thanks for the 4 reads. I'm feeling pretty cool about the fact that I am actually getting along with this story. I didn't realise that it would still be going. I'm proud of myself. Im really excited about where this story is going. If anyone reads it, if you want me to write you in or add anything, just drop me a comment and I will see what I can do.

Enjoy x

4th October 2003

13.22

I lied awake in my bed thinking over what had just happened the previous night. Matt drove me home, it turns out that I was just cut and bruised with a few fractured ribs where Loz had kicked me. My face was alright except for the broken nose where he'd sent me to the ground. I was Okay, surprisingly, but I'll tell you what, I didn't half ache. Matt had that I should just let Katie go. I didn't want to believe him when he said she was a player. She couldn't be. I didn't feel that way when she was with me, she was different to all the other girls I had been with. I couldn't just let her go, could I?

13:36

I groaned as I sat up, feeling groggy and I was in pain all over. I rubbed the sleep out of my eyes and swung my legs over the side of the bed. Whatever happens I am not going back to that god awful pub. If I happened to see Katie I would just ignore her. Sorted.

I shuffled to the bathroom, took a piss and turned the knob on the shower. I needed to wake up and get all of the blood that had dried on my face. I wish I could just wash it all away, the pain, the memory, everything. Just wash it all away.

14:02

After getting dressed, had a fix and drank a coffee, I finally decided to set my feet out of the door. It was a lot cooler outside than I had realised. Winter was arriving faster that usual this year. I should have brought my guitar and played in the park- in open air. It would have neem a great atmosphere to do some song writing for my new band: Babyshambles. I'll be the frontman for them, seeing as I have been kicked out of The Libertines.

I was heading to the hairdressers to get my mane trimmed, I'm still keeping my fringe- I'm never letting that go- It juxtaposes with my hat and they complement each other. It's my look. To be honest, I'm just really looking forward to doing something as normal as going to the barbers without a fleet of paparazzi following me everywhere I go. Hey, I might even go shopping for groceries- as you do. 'The fun normal life of Pete Doherty'; wouldn't that be a hit in the media. Peter with a bust up lip and broken nose, though. Beautiful.

16:46

I had just arrived at the back home after going to the shop and I bumped into Max Carlish, who was a film maker. He asked if he could make a Rockumentary about me. It was only a plan, but if it did go ahead then he would start the filming in February. Of course I said yes and that I would be happy to do it. It will be a laugh anyway, so I was cool with it.

My back and ribs had begun to hurt a lot more, since I had been moving about and I couldn't stand up straight. When I got home I sat down on my couch and stuck a film on. I chose Trainspotting, it was an epic film. I always thought I was Renton.

For the next few days all I did was chill. I wrote songs, watched films, and then wrote more songs. I was making a song about Katie. I didn't bother doing anything meaningful; I suppose I'm what they call: 'Heart Broken'. I didn't bother eating properly, I just couldn't face food and my ashtray beside me was beginning to overflow. I had my court trial coming up too, which I needed to get my car from the pub car park so I could drive there. Argh, I didn't even want to go back. I know I'll have to eventually. I really needed to get some more smack, the amount I have been smoking I have pretty much rinsed my whole supply. I'll get it all later, when I can be bothered.