Chapter 7

Its been a while my old flutes, but I'm back. With a brand new invention... Imagination. I don't know but it's here. I'm going to try and keep a consistent pace to get this finished finally. Bare with and keep reading bouyyysss

--------------------------------------------------------------

10:34

We drove the rest of the way in silence. I kept replaying Katie's 3 words over and over in my head. She loved me. I had finally found someone who loved me for who I really am, not just the face of the libertines! I mean, I wasn't even that anymore; Carl won't talk to me and I hadn't heard from my family in years.
Oh, shit carl. I hadn't even told Katie where we were going.

"Katie?" I spoke, breaking the silence.

"Mmm?"

"Were driving to my trial. I'm probably going to get time." There I said it. I stared at the houses as I drive by them gone in a whoosh. I didn't want to make eye contact or see Katie's face after I told her the news.

"What?" Katie asked, shocked. "Your going to prison? And you only just told me? What am I supposed to do?"

I sighed unsure on how to approach this whole situation I've landed myself in. "you can have my car and my flat until I get back out. It won't be for long; a couple weeks maybe." I was willing to give Katie anything. It was such a strange sensation, unconditional love. I was glad to be able to live someone again. I hope she stays by me, waits for me, she can have the world. I'd give up everything to be with her. Even drugs, if it meant I had unrestricted access to her beautiful face forever. My wandering thoughts were cut short when Katie turned to me "you're asking me to wait for you? What about money and all other logistical stuff?"
She just stared at me. Willing me to turn the car around. But I couldn't do that. Not this time. I had to face the music and the conveniences for my actions. Instead of succumbing to her puppy dog eyes I fished around Inside my trouser pocket. I grabbed my wallet and eased it out, carefully not to direct too much attention to the task at hand and just trying to stay on the right side of the road. I passed it over to Katie.
"My bank cards are in there. The pin is my birth year: 1-9-7-9. I don't mind how much you spend or whatever, just wait for me, please." I begged her as I indicated right and pulled into the car park, furthest away from those daunting double doors. "Here, take the wheel, I don't want you to come in."
I opened the door and climbed out, leaning against the open door as Katie shuffled over into the driver's seat. I stared at her face, memorising the way her eyebrows shuffled in concentration or that dimple in her cheek when she smiled. I savoured my last moments with her, I never wanted to forget.

Through my thoughts I noticed Katie had started to laugh. An uncontrollable laugh that just made you want to join in.

"What?" I asked, grinning at her freckled face.

"Peter, you fucking idiot." She snorted, between bursts of laughter.

I started laughing now too, "what?!" I asked again. Confusion appearing on my face. I hadn't a clue what was going on or what I was laughing about.

"I can't drive, you know. I'm 16"

That set me off big time. I just couldn't stop. It was one of those moment where you literally cannot stop, for anything.

"Oh, well" I said shrugging it off. "I'm sure you'll pick it up, eh? If not you can always get a taxi, okay? Just don't get caught."

"Alright, then. Oh--" Katie turned stretching behind the seat and rummaging around for something. She pulled out my hat, put it on and tucked her hair inside leaving only her fringe sticking out the front. "What do you think?" She asked.

I stared in awe, and disbelief. She looked strikingly like me. She smiled at me. "You're amazing, you know." I smiled back

"Of course I do" she replied. "I'm Katie." She smiled back, and we just stood and stared like dumbstruck teenagers in love. Probably.

Before I knew it, Katie grabbed my shoulders and pulled me into the car, almost on top of her. She kissed me roughly, our lips connected and she didn't let go. Our mouths moved in sync as we lost ourselves in this moment. She was kissing me so ferociously it was like we were never going to see each other again. I understood her need for more, so I lent in harder and pulled her neck in close, I teased her lips with my tongue and she gladly let me in. We explored our mouths and I broke it off to lean in and nibble on her neck, as I wrapped my arms around her in a tight embrace.

Katie held on Tighter and whispered in my ear "I'm going to miss you"

"Missing you already" I whispered back, leaving one last kiss just below her jawbone. I smirked as a small moan escaped her mouth, and I disentangled myself from her.

"Alright, time to shoot."

I stepped away from the car and turned to go when Katie grabbed my wrist.

"Pete, I love you." She said staring into my eyes.

"I love you too, my sweet" I let in with a quick peck and I left her with my car. I walked to the doors and gave her a quick wave before entering. My heart feeling like it was snapping in two as I said goodbye to the one I loved. And there was no doubt about it. It was love at first site. Katie blew me a kiss from the car window just as I stepped inside. I didn't look back as I closed the door behind me. I don't think my heart could take it and I would go running back and forget everything. But I couldn't do that, I needed to be responsible and mature and start sorting my life out.

So why not start now.

So I pleaded guilty.

There was no point denying my involvement in the robbery, we all knew It was me. The judge sentenced me to 4 months with 2 months probation.
So I'm out in 2 with good behaviour.

This is going to be a long 8 weeks.