Pretty: Prolouge

Luke's P.O.V.)

I would love to flat out say today was a normal day and the sun was shining bright- but it wasn't. The day started off quite nasty.

I expected sunshine so I dressed up (as per usual) and was really surprised to be met with the rain while I walked to school.

My white crop top (as seen in the picture above) was drenched, turning translucent in the process. I was very grateful I had not put on make up this morning.

When I walked into school, everyone heard the squeak of my shoes and watched as the seventeen year old boy who wore skirts walked through the halls. I could tell I looked defeated.

My eyes wandered to the gay guys ogling at me from one way and then to the straight girls laughing and then all the way to the jocks. They were eyeballing me like I was the mouse and they were ready to kill.

Doomed, I tell you, doomed you are when the jocks give you that look.

One of the jocks, however, didn't. He just stared at me, like he wanted to say something but didn't have the nerve. He must be new.

"Faggot." Thomas, captain of the baseball team, sneered.

His team trailed behind him throwing insults.

"Freak."

"Girly."

"Worthless."

"Gay."

And finally the last hit. It was the new boy, "Give me every second back that I wasted looking at your face."

He snarled at me. But the glint in his doey brown eyes when they met mine was one I could not miss.

The team swarmed the boy, sending high fives his way for being the cruelest. I'll never understand the morale of the jock boys. The jock girls were... Okay.

As the team stalked off, the boy turned back to me. "Are you okay?" He asked.

I looked at him. The boy could have three heads that spit fire and that would make more sense.

"I'm well enough." I sighed. I'd have to slip on the One Direction hoodie I hid in my locker.

"I didn't mean it." He swore.

"They never do, new boy, they never do." I shook my head to rid my hair of the water droplets.

"Calum."

"What the heckies is a Calum?" I asked, bewildered.

He smiled genuinely, "I'm a Calum."

"It sounds like a rare Pokemon if you ask me." I sassed. The Pokemon joke only coming from the fact my best friend never shuts up about it.

"Rare? Yes. Pokemon? I'm not quite sure about that." He joked.

"Well cay-lum, I have to go get my books. I would say it was nice talking to you, but you know." I stalked off.

"I know what?!" He shouted at me.

"You know... You're a butthole!"

___________________________

Hey guys! New story. I kinda like this idea and I have some ideas for it but I don't know. Should I continue?