Iris Roberts

Slowly and surely that my eyes are meeting with the light I longed and missed. I opened my eyes and saw my father sleeping in the small couch. I am awake, Iris Borne is awake.

My father hugged me as soon as he woke up and called for the nurse. I am so happy to see my father but where is my best friend?

"Are you okay? Are you fine? Are you alright?" Dad asked me such questions and I answered him with a nod. "Isaac is marrying Melissa today"

I called Lia because I know she hates Melly so she surely wouldn't attend the wedding. I asked Lia to write a letter for Isaac and I asked dad to move me in another hospital so that I would not meet Isaac again.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Isaac's POV

"Do you take Melissa Evans to be..." The priest asked but I cut him off.

"I don't. Melly, I love you very much but I love my best friend so much. I'm sorry but I'm going to take full responsibility for our baby but I can't have the same mistake Alex had or I can't hurt you, myself and Iris at the same time. I would wait for her to wake up even it takes forever but go on and be happy with someone who deserves you" I whispered to her, meaning every word then when I was about to run, Melly stopped me and kissed me.

"Thank you! I'll handle it from here but please, let me be the runaway bride" she said, running away and leaving me in the altar. When a minute came up, I ran away too going to my love, Ms. Iris.

"Iris! Iris! Iris!" I called for her in her room but she's not inside then, I found a letter.

Dearest Isaac,

It's not my penmanship but it's definitely a message from me to you. Congratulations for being the best lacrosse player, best son ever, best father in the future, best husband I hope and best friend an Iris can have.

I never had the uncertainty like you had but I don't know if it's true or not but all I know is when I was asleep, I keep hearing your voice and telling me such stories and thank you because that what made me alive and fight against the light.

Back to my point, I thought I never had that uncertainty. Well, technically, I really didn't because I was certained that I loved you, love you and will love you but you are already on your way to your new chapter and I have no plan on stopping you or holding you back. I just want to admit it to you and to myself.

Be sure to love Melly so much, okay? Never very, okay?

But I know you.

I am glad I know you.

I am glad that you are here reading my letter in this very moment.

I am glad that we are in being in a cliché moment we once feared will come but I don't care because cliché or not, I know you will be there for me.

I am glad that you chose me over Melly so I guess all I need to do is show up and hug you and have our so much.

I am glad you are stopping now and looking at the door.

There she was, my best friend, who I missed so much and love so much. She was in the wheel chair so I can't hug her so tight. Therefore, I cupped her face and kissed her for the first time and I knew it was the right decision. I loved her so much.

"I love you, Isaac" she said, kissing her again.

"I love you so much, Iris" I said to her, only to her. This is the clichest cliché anyone can get but I have my girl.

The End.