Silence

"Iris, can't you be my best man in the wedding like why would it be a man if the best out there is a woman like you?" Another typical Isaac's question for me again and I just laughed at him. "You don't like clichés like why can't it be something unique?"

"Well, if you are planning to change the tradition, I would like to see you try" I told him, preparing the popcorn while he is in charge of assembling the movie. We sat in the little cute sofa we have in the living room, fitting ourselves in the sofa, squeezing ourselves in and feeding ourselves with popcorn.

We are watching Love, Rosie except we never ever relate to this story because again, we don't fall in love with one another.

"Do we have a rule of not loving each other romantically?" Isaac casually asked, not focusing already on the movie we are watching.

"We don't but it's like given already but we just don't" I said to him, getting up because there's no more popcorn in the bowl but then, Isaac pulled me as I landed on his lap.

"Iris, have I ever asked you if you slightly or had just a tiny bit of feelings for me?" I nod, reminding him of my answer which is I never had but he cut me off. "Have you ever asked me that question?"

I answered no.

"Well, wouldn't you ask me that question?" he added and I'm feeling weird and confused.

"Have you ever had that uncertainty towards me?" I asked him and I just hope he answers no.

"Oh, Melly and I would go in the hospital tomorrow" he announced instead of answering my question but I didn't remind him of it again because honestly, I don't want to hear either.

I finally got up but when I was walking away, he pulled my hand and I stumbled again, landing on his lap again but this time, our face is approximately near to each other like I can feel his heavy breaths and after that, he was leaning forward and I'm already panicking but then, I faced at the side as his lips landed on my cheeks.

"Isaac, it's getting late and I have or going or I'm sleepy already, Isaac. I really am" I stuttered and had difficulty finding those words as I got up from that awkward moment.

He nodded and I bided my goodbye.

Did Isaac had that uncertainty when all my life I thought we never had those moments?

Why does he reveal it now when he's getting married with Melly?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The next morning came and I didn't even wait for Isaac to walk with me going to school and I just planned to go alone.

But he and I coincidentally got out of our house at the same time.

"Iris" he called me as I scrunched my face because I was like really.

We walked in silence compared before where we never stopped talking.

"Isaac, what happened on December 24?" I asked him, starting a conversation and planning to end this awkwardness.

"I asked Melly to be my girlfriend?" He answered and I was so happy he remembered that.

"Well, don't you know that that date was the time I was supposed to go to London and you were crying because you don't want me to leave so I didn't and helped you arrange this proposal to Melly? I was wearing a bear mascot that day instead of sight-seeing in London because I want you to be happy with Melly. I held the banner, waiting for Melly to come and I was so cold that day but you were having dinner with her so I have to wait for the both of you." I narrated and Isaac stopped.

"What are you trying to say? Is this about last night?" He asked, raising a tone.

"No, this is about me telling you that you fell in love with Melly so don't try to ruin that because I would always ship the both of you" I confessed.

"If you think I had that uncertainty towards you then, newsflash because I didn't" Isaac just shouted at me so I'm really surprised because he never been this mad at me so I walked away and when he called me to stop me, I didn't mind him.

Then, he screamed my name and I look behind and a truck almost hit me. I got out the road while the truck driver shouted at me for being careless. I am just scared and I felt weak, terribly.

Isaac hugged me, holding and comforting me. He also asked me if I'm alright, well physically I am but mentally and emotionally I'm not.

Because the moment I saw the truck almost hit me, the first guy I thought of is Isaac. And if ever I was hit, all I can think is I would never admit to Isaac that I love him.

I thought I never had that uncertainty. I swore that I never knew that because a cliché love story between us shouldn't exist. I didn't know I had this feeling but why did I feel like if I die today, I can't admit to Isaac and to myself that I love him.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Isaac went with me going to my house because I can't just go to school today. Isaac told my father what happened and he agreed that I should just stay home. I didn't speak to Isaac because I'm still overthinking things.

After an hour, Isaac stood up and told me that he was supposed to meet with Melly and I just can't believe he would choose her over me despite my situation. I never felt this because I would always be okay if he chooses Melly over me.

I'm going crazy.

I was now left in the room with my clouding thoughts.

After an hour of sitting here, I felt dizzy and all of my thoughts were just screaming at me. Then, suddenly, I had a hard time breathing so I got up but stumbled and crawled my way into my drawer to grab my inhaler but I can't stand up. I was screaming at the top of lungs to get up but it's no use because I think no sound is coming out from me then, my surroundings blurred so I grabbed my phone and called Isaac but he wasn't answering so I typed 9-1-.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------